My first Entry to this forum. #34

graflexTomgraflexTom Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited March 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
The Photograph was shot at 1/60. apt.5.0 ISO 100. Raw mode with Flash. Manual focus. Canon EOS Rebel XT.

So where did the picture go?

Comments

• digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    graflexTom wrote:
    The Photograph was shot at 1/60. apt.5.0 ISO 100. Raw mode with Flash. Manual focus. Canon EOS Rebel XT.
    IMG_0008a.jpg

So what do you think.1drink.gif
    I think you're getting there....you've picked quite a challenge to start off with! all of us have been banging our heads silly trying to achieve a shot for this challenge.

technically, your picture is OOF, and I really cannot figure out what exactly the subject is....

the way you've composed the shot lends itself towards minimalism (concerning placement and non-distracting background) but I think the shot itself isn't strong enough for the challenge yet.

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to visit other entries so far but it may inspire you. Good luck with your next shoot! thumb.gif
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    graflexTom wrote:

I agree with the Faerie. It is on the right track of minimalism, but look at the shots that are already entered, if you haven't already. Doing that helped me.

regards,

Gary
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    graflexTom wrote:

I don't see a link to the shot in your post. Did you attach it?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • graflexTomgraflexTom Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Ok How about this one.

smallidadog.jpg
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    graflexTom wrote:
    Ok How about this one.

smallidadog.jpg
    :uhoh Still don't see a picture.

Virginia

Email
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    graflexTom wrote:
    Ok How about this one.
    ahhhh, see the wall behind the statue? looks like some nice forms and shapes there....might want to try shooting that instead without the statue. :D
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    ahhhh, see the wall behind the statue? looks like some nice forms and shapes there....might want to try shooting that instead without the statue. :D
    agreed. the statue itself is not really minimal, nevermind the busy background.

How you liking that Rebel XT? mwink.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• graflexTomgraflexTom Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    I like the camera I was not happy I had to buy an additional Lens. The older lens do not all work with the New Rebel.

The camera is nice and the resolution is really great.

It is very small compared to the rebel.
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    I think the hamburger shot would work, but try it with a real burger. Place it on a table, counter top, or plate. Work with the lighting for the best effect.