scary butterfly

weronikaweronika Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited January 20, 2008 in Holy Macro
I took a perfectly normal close-up picture of a pretty butterfly, and then zoomed in and saw what it really looks like... Sort of scary!

244769993-L-1.jpg

Does this count as macro? It's actually a crop of a larger image, in which the butterfly was probably about 1/10 of the image area, which makes me think maybe it doesn't... What's the rule?

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    weronika wrote:
    I took a perfectly normal close-up picture of a pretty butterfly, and then zoomed in and saw what it really looks like... Sort of scary!

Does this count as macro? It's actually a crop of a larger image, in which the butterfly was probably about 1/10 of the image area, which makes me think maybe it doesn't... What's the rule?

Theres not outright rule, if I think it doesn't belong here,
    I will move it to "Other Cool Shots"

Sure I will let you call it a Macro :D

Considering the butterly head is so small the eyes just don't look right when you see them close up do they.

The eyes of a Praying Mantis are quite amazing they you can see them following you

Butterflies look quite "fluffy" close up too, yet when you look at the wing,
    it reminds me of a blanket weave... more like cloth.

I never tire of seeing things close up :D
    Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Lovely capture :)

Butterflies often look odder than this close up- many have hairy eyes :)
    Brian V.
  • job3210job3210 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    It it rather odd looking - don't think I have seen one that close before - Cool
    Glenn