edited January 23, 2008 in People
245065777-M.jpg

245067349-L.jpg

245068562-L.jpg

kinda dark, c&c welcome

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Cute shots! Not a huge fan of the rotation on #1, but it's still a great shot! Watch for cropping of hands and fingers in shot #3...

But these are all really well done! Nice job!

If they're too dark, just brighten them up a tad... you'll get a bit more grain, but it shouldn't hurt them. Also try them in B&W - I think you'll be happy with that!
  • Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Nice captures. Document every moment you can because they go by just too fast. My daughter is 30 months now and my D50 just passed over 31K actuations.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Very nice, but I agree #1 needs to be rotated til floor is at bottom.

Good job!!!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    I love that last shot wings.gif
  • neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    thanks for the tips.. wasnt sure on that first one, which way it shoud go, but I think your right about the roatation
  • KawguyKawguy Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 21, 2008
    Beautiful girl. You have an un paid model there.. I was shooting my little guy for some 2 1/2 years, when all of a sudden he wanted to shoot me.. By three he was doing a good job. This is one of his photos of me.
    aug07lq4.jpg
    edited January 21, 2008
    great pic... I know its just a matter of time, she is always grabbing for the camera now.... however, she always grabbing everything....ne_nau.gif
  • kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    What a beautiful girl. Her eyes are what struck me. Your camera has very low noise at ISO1600. I felt the shots were a little to magenta and yellow and also too dark. I made some curve adjustments to fix that and then tried lightening and sharpening her eyes, to bring them out even more.
    245068562-L.jpg
    edited January 21, 2008
    kwcrow wrote:
    What a beautiful girl. Her eyes are what struck me. Your camera has very low noise at ISO1600. I felt the shots were a little to magenta and yellow and also too dark. I made some curve adjustments to fix that and then tried lightening and sharpening her eyes, to bring them out even more.
    245068562-L.jpg
    thanks... I like seeing diff. takes on the same pic...
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    aii, i dont know if that is because of you using a small picture but it looks oversharpened to the point of pixel breakdown so to speak. i like what you have done with the colours of the child though. thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Haha
    Trust me...I know all about crawling about the floor getting shots of the little one.....Laughing.gif.

Don't know what settings you are using but jack up that shutter speed a bit and get some bounce flash fill going....you'll be amazed at how easily color balance can be corrected. Here, the shots are not quite sharp and the color cast from the tungsten lighting rules over the entire photo. Now this being a JPeg with no real spot (except a corner of the eye) for white balance correction...I did something different in CS3 in order to find a neutral grey point.

In any case...what a sweetie. Here's my stab at it...several layers/masks but worth it.

246014109-XL.jpg
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    Nice work swartzy, I like your version better than mine. I think I over sharpened with a lo-res picture and created some jpeg artifacts from over compressing. I also over brightened.
    I also checked out your website. I am impressed with your diverse photographic talents. Wildlife, landscape, portraiture, long exposure, HDR, Ortofon technique? plus photoshop skills. I am interested in all of that, but certainly don't have the skills that you have.
    edited January 22, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Trust me...I know all about crawling about the floor getting shots of the little one.....Laughing.gif.

Don't know what settings you are using but jack up that shutter speed a bit and get some bounce flash fill going....you'll be amazed at how easily color balance can be corrected. Here, the shots are not quite sharp and the color cast from the tungsten lighting rules over the entire photo. Now this being a JPeg with no real spot (except a corner of the eye) for white balance correction...I did something different in CS3 in order to find a neutral grey point.

In any case...what a sweetie. Here's my stab at it...several layers/masks but worth it.

246014109-XL.jpg

thanks for your input... and great job with the pic, thats how it should look... ha... I dont even have a flash to bounce yet.... I should be getting one soon.. then I can screw things up even more.... clap.gif
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    I had to throw my nephews photo up here... we're trying to get my sister to get him into modeling but shes being stubborn about it, lol

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=918&g2_serialNumber=2

One i edited a bit (i had messed up his hair prior to the phoot, shoulda left it nice and neat):
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=244&g2_serialNumber=2
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    Just curious...why would you shoot these at 1600?
    edited January 23, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Just curious...why would you shoot these at 1600?

i have a d40 and I dont like the flash... I should be getting a flash I can mount very shortly and then bounce.. plus I just wanted to see what the camera can do... an experiment.... thats all