Options

batch resizing

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited March 18, 2005 in Finishing School
trying to do a batch resize in CS. searched this forum and saw the cbt cafe tutorial. it looks pretty linear and i follow all the instructions, but when i go to apply it...no dice.

i go to actions. make a new set and name it and then a new action. then i hit record. open my image, resize, and then save and close it. then i hit stop recording. when i go to apply it i choose the correct source folder and make a new one for destination. i check the "override save as tab". at best only one photo gets resized...

one more question: does PS elements have batch resizing capability?

thanks,

jeff

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    trying to do a batch resize in CS. searched this forum and saw the cbt cafe tutorial. it looks pretty linear and i follow all the instructions, but when i go to apply it...no dice.

i go to actions. make a new set and name it and then a new action. then i hit record. open my image, resize, and then save and close it. then i hit stop recording. when i go to apply it i choose the correct source folder and make a new one for destination. i check the "override save as tab". at best only one photo gets resized...

one more question: does PS elements have batch resizing capability?

thanks,

jeff
    Howdy Jeff,

Did you remember to turn on Override Action "Open" Commands in the Batch dialog?

According to this link, Elements can do batch image size conversions.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    cletus wrote:
    Howdy Jeff,

Did you remember to turn on Override Action "Open" Commands in the Batch dialog?

According to this link, Elements can do batch image size conversions.

hmmm. pretty sure i didnt do that. knew i missed something, just wasnt sure what it was...will try it asap. thanks.

jeff
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    just tried it... cletus, you da manthumb.gif

(of course you will now more than likely be overwhelmed with another noobs PS questions)....

thanks again.

jeff
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    cletus wrote:

I never put a File Open comman in my actions because of this. Any reason why I should, and then have File Browser ignore it?

As a second question, I know how to put a Save As command in the action, and then have File Browser over-ride the name and location. What if I wanted to do two Save As commands in an action? One to save the .psd file, the second to save the .jpg file. Will this work? Will PS get confused having multiple save-as commands in the action?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    just tried it... cletus, you da manthumb.gif

(of course you will now more than likely be overwhelmed with another noobs PS questions)....

thanks again.

jeff

You wanna really have fun with it...make a droplet. Then you can just drop the files on the droplet. Very cool.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    You wanna really have fun with it...make a droplet. Then you can just drop the files on the droplet. Very cool.

Haven't done anything with droplets. Will try!

Speaking of batching, how to get File Browser to stop a batch?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    Haven't done anything with droplets. Will try!

Speaking of batching, how to get File Browser to stop a batch?

droplet? i have to hear about this... how do i do i droplet? you guys are about to knock out half of my post processing. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    droplet? i have to hear about this... how do i do i droplet? you guys are about to knock out half of my post processing. thumb.gif

File>Automate>Create Droplet
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Batch Resizing
    Here is a pretty cool little java applet that comes from Russell Brown (one of the gurus at Adobe) called "Dr. Brown's Image Processor". It does a number of batch adjustments, including resizing to mutiple file types. The file and quicktime video can be found here.

It only works with CS unfortunately.

You can also find a number of other neat quicktime training clips.

Brad
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    digismile wrote:
    Here is a pretty cool little java applet that comes from Russell Brown (one of the gurus at Adobe) called "Dr. Brown's Image Processor". It does a number of batch adjustments, including resizing to mutiple file types. The file and quicktime video can be found here.

It only works with CS unfortunately.

You can also find a number of other neat quicktime training clips.

Brad

great sitethumb.gif

and just for the record, you can indeed batch resize or file convert in elements 2.0. you dont have to write the action like you do in CS, its already automated.