News about Shay

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited January 28, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Howdy LPS'ers,
I just wanted to make a quick announcement about Shay. Many of you have noticed and asked about his absence, and we finally got word from him yesterday. Unfortunately, some things in his life are not going so well and he simply cannot put any time into DGrin or LPS for months to come.

I'm sure he's sad to miss the close of this amazing contest, which he was an integral part of developing. However, rest assured that although I'm not the artistic powerhouse that Shay was, revamping our little old challenges, birthing this LPS monster, and then hashing out the nitty-gritty of LPS was in large part all mine. In other words, don't worry, LPS is just as much my baby as it was Shay's, and I promise you a big and exciting finish!!!
:D

Andy has agreed to step in for Shay as our professional photographer judge and will monitor the goings on in here with me.

Now fasten your seatbelts... we're hours away from the start of our last semi-final, and only two weeks away from the start of the Grand Finale!!!
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Thank you for the update, Erik. We know you and Andy are just as cool, but we do miss Shay. I really hope things improve for him and soon. iloveyou.gif

Are you all able to extend to him our well wishes? Is there anything we in the community can do to aid him, other than send lots of good thoughts and prayers to him?
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Best wishes to Shay.

Thank you Erik and Andy for stepping up to help.

I'm sure all of us are appreciative of your help through all this.

I also agree with Llywellyn.

Erik thanks for keeping us informed and up to date on what's going on.

Peace, gail
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 20, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Are you all able to extend to him our well wishes? Is there anything we in the community can do to aid him, other than send lots of good thoughts and prayers to him?
    Not really. Even his message to us was very brief. Just some good vibes nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    It is sad :cry, to hear that Shay is experiencing some bumps in the road of life.
    This message is quite timely because I was just scouring the forums last night for any tiny little hints as to what may have happened to him.

My best wishes and thoughts are with him for a speedy return to a better situation than the one he is experiencing now.

Thank you both Erik and Andy for keeping us on track :D
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Not really. Even his message to us was very brief. Just some good vibes nod.gif

Good vibes it is. thumb.gif

Thanks so much to you and Andy for keeping LPS moving forward.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    I am very sorry to hear that Shay is having troubles, and I send good vibes his way. I've "known" Shay for a long time (stf 2001) and truely hope that his troubles are temporary.

I have no worries what so ever about LPS. I know that you, Andy and the rest of the community here will keep it running as smoothly as always.

ann
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Shay we love and miss you....
    .....Dgrin is awesome but we want to send our love and support.....do not be alone in what you are experiencing...this is such a large/wonderful group of people reach out to us if you need support!! And yes, I am saying this as a mom.....my daughter attended your seminar in Denver and just loved you and your wife.

You are special to Dgrin and your support system there is awesome and we thank them for supporting you and Dgrin. I know they will do a wonderful job.....but we are going to support you till you come back!!

We will "pay it forward". iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

Love and hugs,
    NanaMo (Maureen)
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Shay,
    You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope things turn in your favor soon.

Best wishes.

Erik, Andy, and company...
    Thanks for keeping things going!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    The forum has been noticeably quiet without Shay around for so long and he has been on my mind. I'm definitely beaming you some good thoughts iloveyou.gif and prayers Shay that your troubles (whatever they may be) are temporary. We miss you! :cry

Erik thanks for letting us know. I have no doubt you and Andy can continue to handle the challenges and will do a superb job. Shay has been beyond generous with his time and input to this forum and it's sad to know someone so giving is having a difficult time.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Erik, thank you for the update!
    Shay, hopefully it'll all clear out, let us know if you need some help.
    And Andy - you're it :-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • explorishexplorish Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    good vibes.
    The best thing about a photo is the journey that brought you to it.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Shay is definitely missed and I hope that everything turns around soon. He has been an inspiration to me.
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Shay is definitely missed and I am so sorry to hear that he is going through troubled times. Thoughts and prayers are definitely with him.

Erik, I know you'll do your best to keep things lively. This last round has so many awesome images and I can totally see tremendous growth through this forum.

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Shay and 'Mrs. Shay',

So sorry to hear things are not going well. My heart goes out to you. You are certainly missed here, and I have greatly appreciated your generous and unselfish contribution to this forum. I wish you well!

Sincerely,

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Good vibes to Shay, certainly miss him and his invaluable contributions.

Charlie
  • Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Sending good vibes to Shay... May all be well with him and his family... iloveyou.gif

Lee
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Good vibes being sent...
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Hugs
    Hey Shay,

Here's a hug from me....If there's anything we can do for you, let us know.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Good vibes all the way from across the Atlantic and hope you make it back soon Shay.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    Thanks for the update Doc.

Shay has had a tremendous impact on my photography and his Bootcamp is largely responsible for the recent wave of success I have been experiencing. Both Shay and Jen are truly wonderful people and if there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Dear Shay and family,

I want you to know the profound impact you've made both in my work as a photographer and here at dgrin. You are loved and missed. Please let this community know if there is anything we can do.

Jesse
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Miss you, Shay!
    I've been absent from Dgrin, too, so I'm not much of one to talk. But I do miss reading Shay's critique and fun witticisms. I'm praying for your and your family, Shay!

I'm also a bit excited to read Andy's and Doc's critiques. Oooooo! More to learn from great photographers!

Oh, and beautiful entries in SF4 so far. WOW!!!! wings.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Prayers
    Growing with Dgrin

• ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Best Wishes Shay
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Prayers to you and yours Shay.
    You've been an inspiration to many in these forums.

Regards,
    -Jon
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Shay is the real deal.

Humble, wise and immensely talented.

And Jennifer, she is too cool for words. Almost too cool for the Shay himself!

I sure hope they are both safe and well.

iloveyou.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers