Options

Buying Photoshop: Dumb Question

TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
edited January 21, 2008 in Finishing School
I have the opportunity, through an educational discount, to purchase the following product at what appears to me to be a substantial discount. However, I can't find this exact product on B&H's site to make certain that what I'm buying is what I think I'm buying.

Photoshop Extended CS3 for Mac (Media & License Key)
P/N ASL-54023652

Is this the latest, greatest version of PhotoShop? Can anyone clarify for me?
"Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site

Comments

• Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Yes it is what you are looking for if you want the newest version of Photoshop.
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Yes, that is the "latest and greatest", however, it may be better to buy the NON-extended version (just CS3) if you don't need the extras. Even if the extended is fairly cheap, when you upgrade you'll have to upgrade to the next extended-version which is much more than the regular version.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/compare/ - compare the two

Note, the upgrade price is $199 for CS3 but $349 for the extended version. When CS4 comes out (or whatever it is called), if you don't need the extended version you'll pay a lot more to keep up with the latest version.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Also remember that a some of the Academic stores (Academic Superstore etc etc) will also have the upgrades (now the day they come out but a few weeeks or even a month later) and at much lower prices than Adobe it self....Academic Superstore is fantastic to work with, their customer service is fantastic.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website