For Semi Final (Worth Reshooting ? )

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 22, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
From Heaven to Earth

Ok this place is 800Km away from where i live. I am going there should i try it again ? this was shot in 2005 with Sony W1. This time wide kit lens of XTI may help more :scratch

49645297-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Well, if your already go there for any reasons, then you should shoot it again. However, you are capturing such emotions with your portraits, it will be hard to beat.
    JY
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    headscratch.gif The reason i was interested in this picture was that this holy verse talks about Heavens and earth. And muslims beleives holy book is from heaven. Some one in exhibition mentioned verse in photo looks like coming from sky headscratch.gif

I think it will be hard for judges to understand.

Yes i hope i will find someone for portraits :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    I think it's always more interesting to combine photos of architecture (forgive me, i know this subject is much more than just "architecture") with people, or a person.

So i think this could be very interesting and say something about faith if there was a person in the photo, or just a face up close with the holy verse in the background, perhaps with a low camera angle looking up (or whatever you feel best communicates the holiness of this site and its meaning) ... it would also be personal to you, something you have to say, and would communicate it better to people who do not know or understand the context. Make sense?

cheers,
    tom
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    seastack wrote:
    I think it's always more interesting to combine photos of architecture (forgive me, i know this subject is much more than just "architecture") with people, or a person.

So i think this could be very interesting and say something about faith if there was a person in the photo, or just a face up close with the holy verse in the background, perhaps with a low camera angle looking up (or whatever you feel best communicates the holiness of this site and its meaning) ... it would also be personal to you, something you have to say, and would communicate it better to people who do not know or understand the context. Make sense?

cheers,
    tom

Cool lets see what happens when i reach there
    Thanks a lot

My Gallery
  • cbsnetcbsnet Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    Definitely worth revisiting. This can be can be a powerful photo for your own portfolio. Maybe sunrise/sunset or a fish eye lens.

Have fun!!!

-carl
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    Definately try it again. It's a really interesting shot, I wish taht I knew the meaning of the text. I could see that as one of the biggest problems that you might have with it, most people on here don't read Arabic (hope I have that right), so some of the meaning of it is lost on us. Choose your angle carefully, and you may have something great here.