Options

My First Selective Color

BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited March 18, 2005 in Holy Macro
I just got CS last night so I was playing around with Andy's selective color tutorial. This is what I came up with. Yes, I know this is very simple and probably not very effective, but I was fairly proud of the results. Do you think this works?

17688177-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    I think it works well, I like how the eye is led down to the sign, with the pictures composition. My only thought is that maybe the b+w is a teeny bit bright? Might have a more contrasted effect if the b+w layer was fooled with a bit. I thought about seeing if you could try to keep the yellow on the center lines as well, but it looks like they're covered in salt or sand. I really do like the photo, makes me want to lean right into it.....
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    I think it works well, I like how the eye is led down to the sign, with the pictures composition. My only thought is that maybe the b+w is a teeny bit bright? Might have a more contrasted effect if the b+w layer was fooled with a bit. I thought about seeing if you could try to keep the yellow on the center lines as well, but it looks like they're covered in salt or sand. I really do like the photo, makes me want to lean right into it.....
    Thanks for the comments! The stuff on the ground was ash from a recent eruption of Mt St. Helens. I will play around with the BW layer and see what I get :D