Options

Lightroom/RawShooter Question.

docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited January 21, 2008 in Finishing School
Having been a rawshooter user for awhile before swithcing to lightroom, I have not been able to find a feature in the lr that was in rawshooter: in rawshooter, a yellow star would show up on a photo after it had been converted to jpeg. I found this to be handy when going back through old files (you could instantly see which photos had been converted and which had not). I have not found this feature (marking of a photo that had been converted) in lightroom. Is this feature in lightroom and I just haven't found it??
Thanx for your help. Kevin.

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    docbell wrote:
    Having been a rawshooter user for awhile before swithcing to lightroom, I have not been able to find a feature in the lr that was in rawshooter: in rawshooter, a yellow star would show up on a photo after it had been converted to jpeg. I found this to be handy when going back through old files (you could instantly see which photos had been converted and which had not). I have not found this feature (marking of a photo that had been converted) in lightroom. Is this feature in lightroom and I just haven't found it??
    Thanx for your help. Kevin.
    I've never heard of this feature. I think the reasoning behind this is that jpeg's are 100% for consumption use only. Once you send out a jpeg for print/web/whatever. You can delete it. All the instructions for the image are written in the XMP data. So why keep the images on your HD? if you want to view them, you can view the RAW (or whatever) files via Lr just the same as the jpegs.

I'm not telling you how to manage your assets. But maybe you should revisit how you manage images w/ your new application. It's a perfect time to sit down w/ it since your just migrating over now.
    BTW I started using Lr a little less than a year ago. Haven't looked back once. You're gonna be very happy w/ it!

Cheers,
    -Jon