Question on search in smugmug

bon9bon9 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited January 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am wondering how the search function in smugmug is sorting the result of galleries. For individual pictures there are "popular" and "recent" option, but not for galleries. I've noticed the results are presented in the same order every time, but I can't seem to figure out what they are sorted by. I asked smugmug help, I got "not sure" and "complicated" as for answers. Does anyone have any idea about this?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bon9bon9 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    I guess
    Nobody knows....
  • ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    bon9 wrote:
    I am wondering how the search function in smugmug is sorting the result of galleries. For individual pictures there are "popular" and "recent" option, but not for galleries. I've noticed the results are presented in the same order every time, but I can't seem to figure out what they are sorted by. I asked smugmug help, I got "not sure" and "complicated" as for answers. Does anyone have any idea about this?
    Thanks in advance.

Yep, speaking for myself, I'm not sure. And it is a complicated formula that only the feature designer knows. There is obviously madness to the method, because it brings up the results in the same order. But the special recipe is not something that most of us know.
  • bon9bon9 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    well...
    I am kinda surprised not only that nobody knows what it is, but that it seems very few people wanted to know what it is.