Options

Uploading problems

waynedsargentwaynedsargent Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited September 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Lately when I upload through drag and drop I get problems. The program will lock after a picture or 10 pictures. I used to be able to dump in 150mb and go to bed and it would be done in the morning. But lately it will get finished with a picture and just freeze. sometimes it does it with 5 or 6 photos sometimes 10-15 no ryhme or reason. Any suggestions???:dunno

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    Lately when I upload through drag and drop I get problems. The program will lock after a picture or 10 pictures. I used to be able to dump in 150mb and go to bed and it would be done in the morning. But lately it will get finished with a picture and just freeze. sometimes it does it with 5 or 6 photos sometimes 10-15 no ryhme or reason. Any suggestions???ne_nau.gif
    Could you try using the 'simple' uploader to see if this helps: http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/add-photos-problems.mg

Also, which operating system / browser are you using? Are you getting any error messages? Check your upload log in the control panel under the 'stats' tab. If you would like us to look ofr you, post the link to your site.
  • Options
    Foto AndyFoto Andy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 28, 2008
    Upload freeze here too, simple upload or not
    Hi y'all,

I've also been having frustrating upload problems, both through the simple uploader and the 'send to smugmug' app.

Same sort of thing, I queue up a set of images, one loads, that's it. Both programs do this, and always indicate that it's still working on the first image in the queue.

Pretty f***ing frustrating, enough to use words that require ***s. All enlightened help is greatly appreciated, especially as I can't really upload effeciently until then...

Oh, I'm using Win XP and Firefox, no error messages other that both ways of uploading say it's still working away, never beyond the first pic as described. Also checked my ISP and no problem for bandwidth etc, all is smooth there (for an ISP mwink.gif).
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    Foto Andy wrote:
    Hi y'all,

I've also been having frustrating upload problems, both through the simple uploader and the 'send to smugmug' app.

Same sort of thing, I queue up a set of images, one loads, that's it. Both programs do this, and always indicate that it's still working on the first image in the queue.

Pretty f***ing frustrating, enough to use words that require ***s. All enlightened help is greatly appreciated, especially as I can't really upload effeciently until then...

Oh, I'm using Win XP and Firefox, no error messages other that both ways of uploading say it's still working away, never beyond the first pic as described. Also checked my ISP and no problem for bandwidth etc, all is smooth there (for an ISP mwink.gif).

Write us at the help desk, we have some diagnostics we can give to you - need to check line quality.
  • Options
    Foto AndyFoto Andy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Write us at the help desk, we have some diagnostics we can give to you - need to check line quality.

Thanks (fellow) Andy, will get in touch and see what's up, although to be frank my line is used often for heavy traffic and this is the only slow load I'm getting, hope it's a firewall blip or something. headscratch.gif