A Bridge to a Powerplant

dannymirandadannymiranda Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited January 23, 2008 in Landscapes
Last night I went to take a few pictures of the Manchester Power Station in Providence. I also captured some shots of the bridge adjacent to it. All of these shots were taken with long exposures, which I haven't really done too often. I tried to 'pop' up the photos a little bit so please let me know what you think.

Man it was cold out...

Entire Gallery

246136383-L.jpg

246137043-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
 Macbook Pro | 2.2GHz Core2Duo | 2GB | 160GB HDD | 500GB HDD x 2 | Creative GigaWorks T20
 30 GB iPod Video | Sennheiser PX100 Headphones
 Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi | EF 50mm f1.8 II | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 | Manfrotto 190XPROB & 484RC2
dannymiranda.smugmug.com

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    I love this stuff. thumb.gif

Power plants are one of my favorite things, like whiskers on kittens and warm woollen mittens. So is urban night photography. Your processing on these is strong and sure, although maybe a little too blue/neon for my eyes in the first.

Sometimes it's necessary to be extremely uncomfortable to get the good shot. The little puff of smoke above the plant is an understated way of telling us this. :D

Thanks for sharing!
  • summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    You did a great job.thumb.gif
  • DesertRatDesertRat Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    That almost looks like a gigantic air conditioner hanging out of a window at lower righteek7.gif

Mike
    Looking for adventure in all the wrong places!
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2008
    cool bridge, great shot!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341