Options

All thumbs then Elegant

winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited March 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I currently have my gallerys set to "all thumbs". I would like to set it up so that when someone clicks on a thumbnail, it goes to an "elegant" style page. Is this possible?

-winn

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    Sorry, this is not possible - although I am curious as to why you would want this? Is it so they can see the other thumbs still? If not, then why not just start off with elegant to begin with?
    winnjewett wrote:
    I currently have my gallerys set to "all thumbs". I would like to set it up so that when someone clicks on a thumbnail, it goes to an "elegant" style page. Is this possible?

-winn
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    JT, thanks for your response.

Have a look at my site: http://brilliantphoton.com and click on Bear Creek Dog Park, and then on one of the dates.

There are many different dogs in each gallery. Each owner is only interested in his or her dog. Starting off in all thumbs makes the most sense because it lets each user quickly find her dog. I usually shoot several consecutive shots of each dog. It would be very helpful if the dog owner could see the shot that she clicked on along with thumbnails of the surrounding shots.

I hope this makes sense, and helps clarify my desire for all thumbs then elegant.

Thanks,
    Winn
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    Is there a way to link to an elegant gallery with a particular photo featured?

-Winn
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    Nevermind, I see that it is very easy to link to a particular photo in an elegant gallery. It seems then that it would be relatively easy to implement a setting in the control panel that controls what happens when a thumbnail is clicked. Don't you think? Wouldn't this be useful? I sure would like it.

Thanks,
    Winn