FF Issues again

claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
edited January 26, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am running into problems with FF and my site once again. All galleries are set to Smugmug style, and that causes FF to not display any thumbs or the full image. It just loads the framework & shows the "loading" graphic forever. This happened simultaneously on multiples machines, so it's highly unlikely that it's a problem on my end. It seemed to happen around the time the stretchy stuff was added--but I'm set to off as I have extensive customization.

Last time I saw this on one machine there was a single empty frame. Not so now. I have gone ahead & cleared the caches on both machines to no avail.

Like before, IE7 works fine, and all other styles work fine.

:scratch:scratch:scratch:bash:bash:bash I really hate when it breaks & I did nothing.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    Addons?
    Script blockers?
    Change in preferences?
    Blocking javascript somehow?

Try emptying the cache completely, closing and reopening?
  • gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    Looks and works great on my FF...nice job on the overall setup and look....nice pictures too thumb.gif

Ed
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    I am running into problems with FF and my site once again. All galleries are set to Smugmug style, and that causes FF to not display any thumbs or the full image. It just loads the framework & shows the "loading" graphic forever. This happened simultaneously on multiples machines, so it's highly unlikely that it's a problem on my end. It seemed to happen around the time the stretchy stuff was added--but I'm set to off as I have extensive customization.

Last time I saw this on one machine there was a single empty frame. Not so now. I have gone ahead & cleared the caches on both machines to no avail.

Like before, IE7 works fine, and all other styles work fine.

headscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gifbash:bash:bash I really hate when it breaks & I did nothing.

Working fine for me in FF.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Addons?
    Script blockers?
    Change in preferences?
    Blocking javascript somehow?

Try emptying the cache completely, closing and reopening?
    You can also hold down the shift button while selecting refresh.
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    A few other questions:

Operating System
    Version of Firefox

Seems to be working for me.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    Both machines are XP, one Home, the other Pro. All up-to-date. FF is 2.0.0.11

I'll catalog the addons on the two installs. Not sure how they'd interfere with smugmug style and not the others.

Definitely not blocking javascript--I'm running one on the homepage (the main image cycler) and it works fine.

No changes to preferences in FF, and I have only swapped stretch on & off to see if that was it from my SM control panel.

Shift + refresh didn't help--what's it supposed to accomplish?

It just seems FF hates my site for me only. ne_nau.gif

Edit: just checked Andy's site & a couple others. It's any SM site set to smugmug style, not just mine. So at least I know it IS my machines (why two simultaneously??). Sigh.
  • mhilbushmhilbush Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    Both machines are XP, one Home, the other Pro. All up-to-date. FF is 2.0.0.11
    Loading fine for me and I'm also on FF 2.0.0.11 & XP Pro SP2. Very odd that it would be occurring on multiple systems.

Not sure what to suggest on this one. As you appear to be already doing, I would double check FF add-ons, especially if you have the same ones on both systems. Perhaps one was recently upgraded and is causing a problem. It's a bit of work, but you might try uninstalling the add-ons (at least the ones that are common to both systems) one at a time to see if you can rule that out.

Mark
    Mark