Options

The Eye of the Beholder

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited March 20, 2005 in Landscapes
9439677-L.jpg

I was in a certain location (actually the Los Angeles County Museum) when my surroundings caught my eye,

regards,

Gary

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    great, now I gotta pee! the power of suggestion... lol3.gif

that's actually a cool shot, the tone, the noise. I like it. Marybe crop a little bit off the top, as I like the dark mood, and the light top only takes away from it.

Never really dared shoot in a public bathroom. Nice work thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    great, now I gotta pee! the power of suggestion... lol3.gif

that's actually a cool shot, the tone, the noise. I like it. Marybe crop a little bit off the top, as I like the dark mood, and the light top only takes away from it.

Never really dared shoot in a public bathroom. Nice work thumb.gif
    I would have cropped a little more but I didn't want to lose the detail of the marble work. This part of the museum is very old - early 1900's if I remember correctly. This was all within one very large "stall"' a private shooting location.

Wait a minute - I think I have to "go" now! Laughing.gif

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    Love the sepia tone and the muted lighting.

If you don't want to crop, maybe just a little "burn in" using PS of the highlights on the top. The brighter part of the frame pulls the viewer's eye (or at least mine) up to the top of the pic. Just a thought.

Nice shot.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited March 18, 2005

If you don't want to crop, maybe just a little "burn in" using PS of the highlights on the top. The brighter part of the frame pulls the viewer's eye (or at least mine) up to the top of the pic. Just a thought.

Nice shot.
    Thanks for the approach. I will give that a try tonight, that could be a perfect solution.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    Wow! Great sculptures. I can see why they'd be at the LACMA. Did you note the artist?

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Nice shot
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    nice capture Gary!!! I agree with the others about burning the top left a bit! I like the mood very much though... It also made me think of a picture I took a while ago.
    "I ain't no steenkin' toilet"
    25812093.jpg
    :lol
    Thanks for erm... Sharing? rolleyes1.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Wow! Great sculptures. I can see why they'd be at the LACMA. Did you note the artist?

Nice shot
    I've seen the artist's work all over the place. Can't quite remember his name. It seems it's John something . . .

rolleyes1.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    Angelo wrote:

Nice shot
    They're at the Natural History Museum - not the LACMA, but maybe they should be moved and setup at the LACMA as an installation.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    nice capture Gary!!! I agree with the others about burning the top left a bit! I like the mood very much though... It also made me think of a picture I took a while ago.
    "I ain't no steenkin' toilet"
    25812093.jpg
    :lol
    Thanks for erm... Sharing? rolleyes1.gif
    Maybe this is what is referred to as "overshare". But, the subject seems come with a certain amount of toilet humor. Laughing.gif

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    I've seen the artist's work all over the place. Can't quite remember his name. It seems it's John something . . .

rolleyes1.gif
    John Flushing, I believe. His studio is in Queens.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    17775209-M.jpg

Nice shot.
    Is this more like it?

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    HI Gary,

Not what I expected... it was better! Thanks for sharin'.
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    Kirwin wrote:
    HI Gary,

Not what I expected... it was better! Thanks for sharin'.
    Thanks for looking! It is great to have a place to share what catches our eye, even when it is something different.

regards,

Gary