SF4 - Playing to my strengths???

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited January 25, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
There's been a lot of great advice posted so far about shooting for the SF round. I keep looking at the past rounds and am completely humbled by them. With the going theory of 'shooting to ones strengths', I thought I would post a few from today.
As all of you with kids will attest, they quickly become the focal point of most of the photographic energy. The hard part is separating the emotions tied to the subjects from the strength of the image itself. I would appreciate any and all comments on the two shots below. Are they SF-worthy? I'll keep shooting for the next 8 days regardless and will likely try a few landscapes in and around DC as well. But would love to hear from you if I should keep following this path or venture elsewhere for the contest.
E

Gentle Caress
246985899-L.jpg

Vying for Attention (couldn't think of a better title)
246985964-L.jpg

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    These are solid photos. Quality wise I'd like to see them sharper (maybe close down the aperture a bit). Subject wise, babies/kids are always cute, but I think to place you'll need to do something more within that subject. I've seen some extraordinary shots of kids in this competition, so don't get discouraged, just keep shooting, and experiment.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    Thanks Pyro...looks like we're both in for reshoots.
    E
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    I love the expression on the baby's face in the second one! I agree with Pyro that they need to be sharper... I'm sure you will do well, you have taken some outstanding shots for this competition in the past!

Good luck
    Winston