My first photo illustration photo shoot as photo editor (yes there are photos :D)

ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited January 25, 2008 in People
So, the opinion editor had a great idea earlier this week to have 4 columnists "run for president". I told him we could do some awesome campaign style photos for it. These were the four that resulted from it.

247042242-L.jpg
247042128-L.jpg
247042171-L.jpg
247042200-L.jpg

Let me know what you think
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    You've captured your subjects well, but I think it would have worked much better if you had hung a real flag in the background rather than photshopping one in.
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    LiquidAir wrote:
    You've captured your subjects well, but I think it would have worked much better if you had hung a real flag in the background rather than photshopping one in.
    I agree. It was VERY short notice (as in we sent out the email the night before :) )
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    ccpickre wrote:
    I agree. It was VERY short notice (as in we sent out the email the night before :) )

Right. Under those circumstances you do what you can.

As for other suggestions, these all look to me like they were shot at short range with a ceiling bounced flash. The lighting angle is a bit too high giving them "raccoon eye" shadows. Stepping back a bit and shooting with a longer lens would both improve the light and give the shots more of a "from the audience" feel.
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    I never considered that. Thanks :D