Options

Want to calibrate/profile two monitors - need to upgrade from Spyder2?

CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
edited January 26, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I currently use a Spyder2 (not pro) to calibrate my monitor and have had good results. I'm going to purchase a 2nd monitor to run a dual-monitor setup. The non-pro version of the Spyder2 cannot calibrate two displays. My options are to either calibrate my primary display and not worry about my secondary one (likely not color-critical) OR upgrade my calibration setup to an Eye-One Display 2 or comparable setup that will calibrate more than one monitor.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    I'd upgrade for a few reasons:

-You can work in both windows and know the results will be identical.
    -It's annoying to look at a non calibrated screen after a while.
    -Once you get to dual displays. You'll treat it like one monitor and drag windows to the other display without even thinking. Before I calibrated both monitors, I'd do work on one display then realize it wasn't the calibrated.. ugh.

I also think this third party dual screen app called ultramon is worth every penny. You can give it a trial to see if you like it.

1. lets you open up any window across both screens. Talk about maximize window!
    2. lets you pop irt to the other window w/o dragging it anywhere.

There are tons of other cool little options as well.

BTW I have the Huey Pro now. I found a workaround for the Huey standard but I wanted peace of mind know both were calibrated correctly.

I really think it's worth it and you won't be disappointed! thumb.gif
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    I think you're right - it would bother me to not be able to calibrate both screens... I may put my Spyder2 up for sale here soon. ;)