Video file sizes?

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 26, 2008 in SmugMug Support
What am I limited to for video file sizes....I have a pro account?

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    What am I limited to for video file sizes....I have a pro account?

Pros get up to 5 mins of video and 512MB of file size per video. See http://www.smugmug.com/help/video for more info.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    Yikes!!!rolleyes1.gif

I am trying to stick an Adobe Premiere Elements project somewhere for DL to Ipods. I do this project every year for my daughter's cheerleeding squad....but it is nearly 15 minutes length. The first "chapter" is 5 minutes and 6 seconds.
    edited January 26, 2008
    what if...
    the file size is smaller than 512, but length is longer than 5 minutes?
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 26, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    what if...
    the file size is smaller than 512, but length is longer than 5 minutes?

No, sorry. We are actually bumping it up to 10 minutes for Pro's, but anything longer than 5 minutes is limited to 640x480 or smaller sizes. Hopefully that change will happen within a week.

You could also just edit your video and upload three segments.

Although if you are just worried about putting it on your iPod, why put it on SmugMug at all? Convert it to MPEG4 at the proper resolution, add it through iTunes, and you should be set. If you are lucky enough to be on a Mac, try http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/ .
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited January 26, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    No, sorry. We are actually bumping it up to 10 minutes for Pro's, but anything longer than 5 minutes is limited to 640x480 or smaller sizes. Hopefully that change will happen within a week.

You could also just edit your video and upload three segments.

Although if you are just worried about putting it on your iPod, why put it on SmugMug at all? Convert it to MPEG4 at the proper resolution, add it through iTunes, and you should be set. If you are lucky enough to be on a Mac, try http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/ .

I don't need it on my ipod. I was hoping to bust it into segments so that the kids....the cheerleaders...could grab it if they want it. It is set to music though and one or two of the songs are longer than 5 minutes. Ill wait a couple weeks, and things should work out for me. The 640x480 will be fine for that, and the file size should be ok too.

Appreciate the info!!