My favorite model

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited March 19, 2005 in People
Meet Sophie, my granddaughter. I'm new here. What's
more to say? Shot with 828, fill flash on board.
15264161-L.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    She is soooo cute!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    Here is another one
    wxwax wrote:
    She is soooo cute!
    Thank you. We both like shooting :):
    17743695-L.jpg
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    She is soooo cute!
    holy moly! there should be a law against being so cute because I'm going into convulsions! :lol4 you're a lucky man! apparently there are good genes in the family. mwink.gif

oh and nice shot btw. :D
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    Adrian,

I have to go with the majority on this one. You have one extremely cute Grandaughter clap.gifclap.gif You did a super job capturing her too. Nice poses (although she looks like she's a natural) and I love the way her little pink cheeks and nose match her jacket thumb.gif Not to mention those laughing blue eyes.

As DF mentioned, there should be a law. Usually, children and grandchildren pics look better to the poster than to the viewer. Hey, it's human nature, they're your blood. But, this little one has model quality looks and, judging by these 2 pics, major personality. Her Daddy better keep her locked up til she's 18 lol3.gif Spoil her rotten Adrian.....lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 18, 2005
    fantastic shots. #2 is great and the GD is beautiful.

Question: You mention being "new here" but your join date states: March 2004?
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    These are both really cute. The second shot is very winning, but I think you can probably make it even better. You have lost detail on the right side of her face, cheek, right and above the eye. If you could get back some texture and color there, you'd have a better image.

If you shot it raw, one easy thing to try would be a second raw conversion with the exposure turned down. You might have to follow with shadow/highlight. It this works, great, problem fixed. If you have to turn down the exposure too much or if you didn't shoot in raw, it won't work. In that case, try the trick explained here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2069

Anyway, these are both fine portraits and you do have a great model.
    If not now, when?
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    They are both cute, I mean SHE is cute in both, and you did a great job of capturing that.

Just wanted to say that I love the first one. It is a different pose than I usually see. Love it!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited March 19, 2005
    Hi Faerie
    holy moly! there should be a law against being so cute because I'm going into convulsions! :lol4 you're a lucky man! apparently there are good genes in the family. mwink.gif

oh and nice shot btw. :D
    Yes, I'm so lucky to have her as my granddaughter. We are big friends and enjoy our company very much. Thanks for stopping by and nice comments. Going into convulsions, hehe, that's funny. Thanks again.
    edited March 19, 2005
    Hi there Steve, I know you from STf
    Adrian,

I have to go with the majority on this one. You have one extremely cute Grandaughter clap.gifclap.gif You did a super job capturing her too. Nice poses (although she looks like she's a natural) and I love the way her little pink cheeks and nose match her jacket thumb.gif Not to mention those laughing blue eyes.

As DF mentioned, there should be a law. Usually, children and grandchildren pics look better to the poster than to the viewer. Hey, it's human nature, they're your blood. But, this little one has model quality looks and, judging by these 2 pics, major personality. Her Daddy better keep her locked up til she's 18 lol3.gif Spoil her rotten Adrian.....lol

Well, actually she is not my blood. That said what does it mean because we have a special relationship. I can't tell you how much fun we have when we are together. And yeah, she is a natural model. I'm pretty sure there is a photographer hidden there as well. She always likes to see her shots.
    edited March 19, 2005
    fantastic shots. #2 is great and the GD is beautiful.

Thanks so much Angelo. What's GD?

Question: You mention being "new here" but your join date states: March 2004?
    You know what, I don't know or do not remember. Maybe I subscribed and forgot all about until I found this comment and invitation of Andy. He always pulls me into things, :D
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Its wonderful; to see you posting on here! Ive always enjoyed your posts featuring Sophie.... Hope to see many more!

Troy

Meet Sophie, my granddaughter. I'm new here. What's
    more to say? Shot with 828, fill flash on board.
    15264161-L.jpg
    edited March 19, 2005
    Thank you for your help!
    rutt wrote:
    These are both really cute. The second shot is very winning, but I think you can probably make it even better. You have lost detail on the right side of her face, cheek, right and above the eye. If you could get back some texture and color there, you'd have a better image.
    The main problem is that the picture is not really sharp. So I did some things to cover up. :): I like her expression. That's why.

If you shot it raw, one easy thing to try would be a second raw conversion with the exposure turned down. You might have to follow with shadow/highlight. It this works, great, problem fixed. If you have to turn down the exposure too much or if you didn't shoot in raw, it won't work. In that case, try the trick explained here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2069
    I will try the link. No raw shot btw. I really appreciate your help!

Anyway, these are both fine portraits and you do have a great model.
    Thank you! I'm a lucky dog and you know what there are 3 more "models".
    edited March 19, 2005
    Hi Ginger
    ginger_55 wrote:
    They are both cute, I mean SHE is cute in both, and you did a great job of capturing that.

Just wanted to say that I love the first one. It is a different pose than I usually see. Love it!

ginger
    I already love this place. Nice people, good comments. I'm happy that you can appreciate the pose of #1, which of course is not a real "pose". She is a born natural. I really appreciate your nice words!
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Adrian!
    You have super model!
    As I've said before, some of your photos are just masterpieces!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    edited March 19, 2005
    Hey, Troy
    windoze wrote:
    Its wonderful; to see you posting on here! Ive always enjoyed your posts featuring Sophie.... Hope to see many more!

Troy
    Another old buddie, hehe. There is a whole bunch of STF people here. I feel at home :D
    edited March 19, 2005
    Hi Yuri
    Adrian!
    You have super model!
    As I've said before, some of your photos are just masterpieces!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    Spasibo ditto and blush here for your master compliment :):