Another Waterfall

philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
edited January 27, 2008 in Landscapes
This is a small waterfall (about 60feet) that normaly is just a trickle but with all the rain its realy flowing right now.
flowing.jpg

This is what it normaly looks like.
trickle.jpg

-Philip
If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
-Willy Wonka

Comments

• a110p0a110p0 Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Waterfall
    Philip,
    Is this Nojoqui falls, near Solvang CA?

Nice work. I've only seen it once and it looked like #2 photo.

Alvin
    Alvin
    Fremont, CA
    SmugMug Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Wow Phil, that is quite a difference between #1 and #2. :oogle

It's a shame the beautiful green moss wasn't there for the fast flowing scene (time of year?) . I think the color would help the falls look more vibrant.

I'm curious as to why you chose the landscape orientation to photograph it this time. For a 60-ft waterfall I'd think the height would want to be showcased! Love the smoothness/silkiness you got, regardless. thumb.gif
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Wow Phil, that is quite a difference between #1 and #2. :oogle
    Yeah and it will only be flowing like that for a few days then it will be back to a trickle.
    schmoo wrote:
    It's a shame the beautiful green moss wasn't there for the fast flowing scene (time of year?) . I think the color would help the falls look more vibrant.
    I was hoping for that myself but the brightest green is under the flow, and the other green plants (fern like plant) are all knocked down and brown.
    schmoo wrote:
    I'm curious as to why you chose the landscape orientation to photograph it this time. For a 60-ft waterfall I'd think the height would want to be showcased! Love the smoothness/silkiness you got, regardless. thumb.gif

I've never been happy with the full size versions but I keep trying. This is my try from friday
    fullsize.jpg
    The full falls just doesn't hold much interest for me, but I'll keep trying. I'm thinking what I'll like is a bit further down the stream down low looking up. The problem is the stream curves around quickly and not a lot of area to work in.
    -Philip
    -Willy Wonka
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    a110p0 wrote:
    Philip,
    Is this Nojoqui falls, near Solvang CA?

Nice work. I've only seen it once and it looked like #2 photo.

Alvin

Thanks
    Yes this is Nojoqui. I had to brave the rain friday, I was lucky most of the day was off and on rain, and this happenend to be clear for a while.
    -Philip
    -Willy Wonka