Options

Corvette Pics

BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited March 19, 2005 in Sports
I spent the early part of today messing with my friend and his new Vette. He wanted some pics, and I wanted some experience. I rented a 70-200mm 2.8L IS for the job and here is one of the pictures I got.

17744226-L.jpg

I am pretty proud of this shot! :thumb

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    Bridge, that looks really nice. thumb.gif Have you considered cropping it a bit, to make the car more prominent?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2005
    I wanted to give the feeling of "accomplishment" with this shot. The car is purposly centered in the picture to accent the road and surroundings. How tight would you crop? Please feel free to crop away!

Thanks!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    As well you should be. Excellent Shot thumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Looks good to me...
    I kinda like it opened up. Nice use of selective color also. Do you have any on that same curve coming toward you? I don't *mind* the rear end of a 'Vette, but I'm kinda partial to the nose mwink.gif

I notice the license plate-FLY USN, is your friend a Naval Aviator?
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Bridge, that looks really nice. thumb.gif Have you considered cropping it a bit, to make the car more prominent?

I agree it looks nice...the selective color is perfect. I disagree, however, that you should crop it. I like the idea that he's setting up for the next turn. Only suggestion would be use one stop slower SS to get a little more blur on the wheels, but you can actually do that in post pretty easily.

Nice work!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    LOVE THE CAR!!! The vette is my all time CAR!
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    Mongrel wrote:
    I kinda like it opened up. Nice use of selective color also. Do you have any on that same curve coming toward you? I don't *mind* the rear end of a 'Vette, but I'm kinda partial to the nose mwink.gif

I notice the license plate-FLY USN, is your friend a Naval Aviator?
    He wanted to be able to read the license plates on some of his shots, and this was the best one (composition wise). He doesnt have plates on the front of the car :D

But yes, he is a pilot in the Navy. Just finished ROTC and is being commissioned as on officer later today.
    fish wrote:
    Only suggestion would be use one stop slower SS to get a little more blur on the wheels, but you can actually do that in post pretty easily.
    I took some panning shots and unfortunatly I am not very good at it yet, so they didnt quite turn out as expected. How would I go about putting a slight blur on the wheels in CS?

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    How would I go about putting a slight blur on the wheels in CS?

Select the wheel, then use the Blur > Motion filter. Be conservative on the amount of blur...you want to make them look like they're spinning, not out of focus.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson