Options

Hassayampa river

scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited January 29, 2008 in Journeys
Probably the shortest ride report ever.

I took a ride out into the desert, up the Hassayampa river in search of wildlife. I saw very little, but got a couple of pics.

A woodpecker.
247566331-L.jpg

I spotted a KTM in the wild. :D That's the Hassayampa in the pic. It's only a few inches deep right now, so I can just ride up it with no worries.
247562609-L.jpg

A nice mesquite grove.
247561985-L.jpg

I only put 22 miles on this ride, but burned up two hours, looking for critters and just meandering up the river. Real nice ride.

S.C.

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    A couple nice shots there and a very nice bike!

Is this the Hassayampa River in AZ? If so where did you tie in to it at?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    A couple nice shots there and a very nice bike!

Is this the Hassayampa River in AZ? If so where did you tie in to it at?

Thanks. Yes, it's the Hassayampa in Az. I went down Scenic Loop Rd., about seven miles in and dropped down at Box Canyon.

S.C.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Thanks. Yes, it's the Hassayampa in Az. I went down Scenic Loop Rd., about seven miles in and dropped down at Box Canyon.

S.C.

So you are out of Wickenburg then? Haven't done much exploring around there but know the Mountains around Prescott pretty well. If you haven't ridden that bike up Yarnell and White Spars yet you are missing out!

I don't have a bike yet but I'll keep you in mind on the next photo adventure if you are up for it.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    So you are out of Wickenburg then? Haven't done much exploring around there but know the Mountains around Prescott pretty well. If you haven't ridden that bike up Yarnell and White Spars yet you are missing out!

Oh, believe me. That is my playground. I have the KTM for the dual sport use and two Hayabusas for the road. I enjoy them to the fullets.
    I don't have a bike yet but I'll keep you in mind on the next photo adventure if you are up for it.

Cool. Ping me next time you're going to be out this way. I have a desire to hit the Hassayampa river preserve some time soon.

S.C.