IR Forest

rwdfresnorwdfresno Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited January 29, 2008 in Landscapes
Why is it taking me so long to catalog my files with Lightroom? Probably because everytime I come across something that strikes my interest in the ol archive I play around with it for a while. Anyhow, this one struck my interest again. I wish it were a bit better quality but for some reason I just like it. Feel free to C&C.

Ryan

2222532700_a31a24a2d3_o.jpg
Ryan Davis
my flickr

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    I'm a sucker for IR with trees. I love your toning here, although the focus looks a little soft. Is your camera modded or were you using a filter?

thumb.gif
  • rwdfresnorwdfresno Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I'm a sucker for IR with trees. I love your toning here, although the focus looks a little soft. Is your camera modded or were you using a filter?

thumb.gif

I was using one of my Sonys with Nightshot, an IR filter and ND filter. I hope to get a modified camera one of these days so I can use "normal" exposure controls and shorter shutter speeds.

I doubt I will get a modified camera any time soon as I seem to have a laundry list of equipment I want in the meantime.

I agree I wish it was a bit of a sharper image.

Thanks for the comments,
    Ryan
    Ryan Davis
    my flickr
  • CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Ryan,

I dig this one also. Can't quite put my finger on it but I'm okay with the softness of the photo.

Did you use a tripod? and why the ND filter with the IR filter?