Girls High School Indoor Track, 1/26/08

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited January 29, 2008 in Sports
Hi,
I have attached four shots from yesterday's Indoor Track Meet. Hope you enjoy.

ross_012608_065_LastChance.jpg
ross_012608_389_LastChance.jpg
ross_012608_585_LastChance.jpg
ross_012608_044_LastChance.jpg

Comments

• donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I like the motion blur. Everything seems to have a blue cast. I used the remove color cast tool in elements and boosted the saturation on her uniform
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Thanks
    Thanks. I shot several hundred images and batch processed them - I guess I should learn to tweak the shots that I post here.

I appreciate the feedback and the reworked image.

Regatrds,
    donek wrote:
    I like the motion blur. Everything seems to have a blue cast. I used the remove color cast tool in elements and boosted the saturation on her uniform
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    George...nice photos. Did you go with shooting these at 1600 ISO and -1 EC or did you bump to 3200? Just curious as discussed on another thread.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    ISO3200 example
    Shane,
    I did not forget about y'all but I was waiting 'til my gymnastics shoot this coming weekend where the gym has poor light and ISO3200 will be of great benefit but I did try a couple of shots at ISO3200 at the track - The attached shot, while not great, was shot at ISO3200 @ 1/1600th, f/2. I have not adjusted this image - I know, it is poor but I only show it to demo 3200.

The image is very noisy but did clean up nicely with PP - the 40D does have noise reduction built into the camera it comes at a cost - a reduction in the continuous shooting buffer. I would prefer to shoot fast and clean up later.

iso3200example.jpg

SitterS wrote:
    George...nice photos. Did you go with shooting these at 1600 ISO and -1 EC or did you bump to 3200? Just curious as discussed on another thread.

Shane
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    SirGeorge wrote:
    Shane,
    I did not forget about y'all but I was waiting 'til my gymnastics shoot this coming weekend where the gym has poor light and ISO3200 will be of great benefit but I did try a couple of shots at ISO3200 at the track - The attached shot, while not great, was shot at ISO3200 @ 1/1600th, f/2. I have not adjusted this image - I know, it is poor but I only show it to demo 3200.

The image is very noisy but did clean up nicely with PP - the 40D does have noise reduction built into the camera it comes at a cost - a reduction in the continuous shooting buffer. I would prefer to shoot fast and clean up later.

iso3200example.jpg

I have the 40d but have not shot using the in camera noise reduction but was aware that there was a reduction in the continous shooting. Looking forward to seeing what you post this weekend.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8