SF4 - biking ideas

JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited February 2, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
hey,
I'm stoked I made it through in the last round for the cycle! The entries so far are amazing. These are a few shots I have taken recently, please let me know what you think. Any advice on shooting, cropping or other pp, or titles would be great. Thanks!
tyson1copy.jpg

paul1copy.jpg

tyson2copy.jpg
Whoops.. on 'previewing post' I saw the dots from the dust on the lens in the first 2 pics. I'll clone them out later.. thanks
Jethro :D
My Blog
Jethro Kingston Photography
Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE

Which option? 22 votes

Air 1
22% 5 votes
Air 2
9% 2 votes
Wheel reflection
4% 1 vote
Keep shooting
63% 14 votes

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Nice action shots! The biggest thing that will kill these shots is your subjects, especially the faces are in total shadow and of course the clouds in the first 2 are blown out… Did you try fill flash? Depending on your camera’s sinc shutter speed this can be a challenge on such a bright day… With the right exposure and fill flash to brighten the shadows a shot such as these would be great! Good luck

Winston
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Yeah, I agree about the flash. You've certainly got a good idea, but I do think a reshoot is in order =c)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I agree on the fill flash. May also help sharpen the images a bit as well.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    youve all confirmed what I thought... problem being that there is no way I can do a reshoot.. that was at a summer camp 4 hrs away that ended last week. hmm.. I'm struggling for other SF ideas.
    My Blog
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Jet wrote:
    youve all confirmed what I thought... problem being that there is no way I can do a reshoot.. that was at a summer camp 4 hrs away that ended last week. hmm.. I'm struggling for other SF ideas.

Could I suggest something that might get you going with ideas? I don't know if these shots are your usual subject type, but let's assume they are. What do they contain? For me, it's spectacular action bang in the center of your frame using an object and an agent doing the action on the object. Now, keep your eyes and mind open as you are going about your usual affairs and stop yourself quick every time you catch sight of something that registers what I have described in the previous sentence. Big spectacular action-small spectacular action, indoors-outdoors, any object-any actor. I suspect that you will begin to see stuff that you will want your camera to have a peek at!
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Jet wrote:

There are always skate parks, just ask the skaters first =c)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Thanks for everyones input, I havnt been able to shoot anything since, having just moved. I have an idea for early tomorrow morning (landscape) but the way the weather is going, that probably wont happen. Thanks for your tips neil and others, I'll use it in future :D
    My Blog