Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee...

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited January 28, 2008 in People
Well not quite, but I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't want to be on the end of her Right cross!

248250026-L.jpg
Camera:Canon 30D
Lens: Canon 70-200L F/2.8 IS USM
ISO 1000
Shutter: 1/200
Aperature: 2.8
Focal Length: 75mm (120mm in 35mm)
Shot RAW - used WhiBal for whitebalance

C&C welcome and encouraged as usual
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    LiquidOps wrote:
    Well not quite, but I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't want to be on the end of her Right cross!

C&C welcome and encouraged as usual

I'm sure in her house everyone does exactly what they are told to do nod.gif

Good shot LiquidOps thumb.gif .. Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    The diagonal shadow through the middle of the photo is distracting, along with the slighty OOF face area. Is she hitting a speed bag, heavy bag, or air?
  • LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    I'm sure in her house everyone does exactly what they are told to do nod.gif

Good shot LiquidOps thumb.gif .. Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy :)

I've met this woman in person and I do agree... I'd do what she said too rolleyes1.gif

Steven
    MM Portfolio

edited January 28, 2008
    j-bo wrote:
    The diagonal shadow through the middle of the photo is distracting, along with the slighty OOF face area. Is she hitting a speed bag, heavy bag, or air?

Hey J-bo :)

thanks for taking a moment to comment.

I agree the shadow can be distracting. This was actually a virtual boxing machine. My only light available to me was the overhead (Wharehouse flood lights) and the glow from the LCD screen she was "Boxing"

Thanks for the comments,

Steven
    MM Portfolio

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    j-bo wrote:

I agree about the shadow- the object behind the glove is a bit distracting too. I think this is too close of a shot and doesn't provide much contex wider would have been better here. Boxing is about the feet and off hand as much as the punch being thrown.

This would have been a good time to use flash based on your settings and lack of light deal.gif

Seems like you have found some things to shoot since the move though. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited January 28, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I agree about the shadow- the object behind the glove is a bit distracting too. I think this is too close of a shot and doesn't provide much contex wider would have been better here. Boxing is about the feet and off hand as much as the punch being thrown.

This would have been a good time to use flash based on your settings and lack of light deal.gif

Seems like you have found some things to shoot since the move though. thumb.gif

Hey Anwmn1,

I do agree about the flash part and using it where needed. The thing with this event though, was my job to stay unnoticed. I've found that using flash in some areas makes it nearly impossible for the photog to blend into the background. This was about the Mentors bonding with their students, not dodge the paparazzi (sp?)

I also agree about maybe a wider perspective, but at the same time, sometimes the abstract/tighter crop portrays more emotion.

ne_nau.gif

I've still got some learning to do, but i agree, at least I'm out shooting again :) I've been pretty busy with the Non Profit events here at work.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Steven

P.S. (anwmn1) if you're interested in maybe collaborating in some business ventures, drop me a PM... I have some things in motion :)
    MM Portfolio