My first post

martinezphotomartinezphoto Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 11, 2008 in People
All editing and retouching was done by me, I shot this model last saturday more pics to come as soon as I finish editing the rest of the shooting, I hope you all like it.

http://www.dgrin.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22573&stc=1&d=1201512255
www.victormartinezphoto.com

Canon eos Mark II N
Tamron 28-70 2.8
Canon 70-200 2.8
Canon speedlite 580 EX flash

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    All editing and retouching was done by me, I shot this model last saturday more pics to come as soon as I finish editing the rest of the shooting, I hope you all like it.

http://www.dgrin.com/attachment.php?

My goodness she is beautiful clap.gif
    I totally suck at people shots!
    Love her eyes, though the left one seems out of focus.
    Nice soft glow to her skin too.
    Beautifully done.

Welcome to the forum, and I must say this is a very beautiful First Post thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Welcome to the forum. Beautiful girl there. thumb.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Very nice b/w. I like the lighting very much. She is gorgeous. Maybe too soft of a right eye, and I don't care for her right arm positioning.

Also.. it seems there is something odd about her lower lip area at the corner of her mouth.
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    question
    I'm new to all this but, I think that the light spot on her face is way too bright. I can't really tell where her nose ends and her cheek begins...is this a common practice, I mean...is it suppose to look that bright? ne_nau.gif
    Thanks
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • HaryHary Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Karrie McD wrote:
    I'm new to all this but, I think that the light spot on her face is way too bright. I can't really tell where her nose ends and her cheek begins...is this a common practice, I mean...is it suppose to look that bright? ne_nau.gif
    Thanks

she is so beautiful and the eyes catch so much attention that no one will notice but ...
    the light is a bit to bright but to tell you the truth it doesn't bother me much :) really nice shot and framing (is that what you say when someone gets the frame right ? :) )

p.s. what lens and aperture ?

thanks,
    Kris
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Overall I really like it. I agree the light "appears" to be too bright on her right cheek, but it may be more a case of too shallow on the depth of focus. If you had stopped the aperature down a bit you would have a.) gotten that all important right eye in focus, and b.) also gotten her right cheek in focus which would have preserved some skin texture on that side. As it is, with the light the way we see it, and no skin texture it appears to be blown out highlights......which you may have some, but I don't think the whole cheek is blown. Both eyes in focus would have made a pretty good thing a stunner!!!

I say try it again exactly the same but stopped down a bit.

Oh, and I like the way you used her arms and hands to frame her, and at the same time kept the hands from being a distraction. Very nice!!!
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Overall I really like it. I agree the light "appears" to be too bright on her right cheek, but it may be more a case of too shallow on the depth of focus. If you had stopped the aperature down a bit you would have a.) gotten that all important right eye in focus, and b.) also gotten her right cheek in focus which would have preserved some skin texture on that side. As it is, with the light the way we see it, and no skin texture it appears to be blown out highlights......which you may have some, but I don't think the whole cheek is blown. Both eyes in focus would have made a pretty good thing a stunner!!!

I say try it again exactly the same but stopped down a bit.

Oh, and I like the way you used her arms and hands to frame her, and at the same time kept the hands from being a distraction. Very nice!!!

15524779-Ti.gif slightly blown out and get a little more dof and this one's a winner.thumb.gif
  • martinezphotomartinezphoto Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Hello Kris

thanks for your comments, it was shot at 60 f/stop at 2.8 400 ISO at 75 mm is just window light and one reflector to fill a little bit the right part of the face, and about the eye being out of focus is not a mistake I knew what I was doing that is why I shot it at 2.8 I just love the effect of opening the lens all the way.
    Hary wrote:
    she is so beautiful and the eyes catch so much attention that no one will notice but ...
    the light is a bit to bright but to tell you the truth it doesn't bother me much :) really nice shot and framing (is that what you say when someone gets the frame right ? :) )

p.s. what lens and aperture ?

thanks,
    Kris
    www.victormartinezphoto.com

Canon eos Mark II N
    Tamron 28-70 2.8
    Canon 70-200 2.8
    Canon speedlite 580 EX flash
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    It looks a little blown on my monitor - but it needs some adjusting.
    I actually like the shallow dof. go figure.

Beautiful shot!! clap.gif
  • HaryHary Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Hello Kris

thanks for your comments, it was shot at 60 f/stop at 2.8 400 ISO at 75 mm is just window light and one reflector to fill a little bit the right part of the face, and about the eye being out of focus is not a mistake I knew what I was doing that is why I shot it at 2.8 I just love the effect of opening the lens all the way.

wow thats nice - i thought that you went even lower (was expecting like 1.8 at 85mm) again love the eyes - they're so clear ... fantastic.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Wow stunning eyes, the light, shallow DOF & b&W really emphasize them.... lovely shot!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    She is very interesting. Beautiful, captive and very mysterious with her eyes. Very nice.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP