Semi Final Candidates

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 30, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
:scratch from cholistan trip.

This one was shot from roof top of van while returnning from desert Cholistan

247920530-L.jpg

This is islamic calligraphy on door of Sadiq Mosque about 70 Years old. I tried to shoot it as told by dgrinners but was not able to include a person in a photo as this is not very wide
248295898-L.jpg

248296492-L.jpg

A street scene old man is fixing shoes while other is begging :scratch

248297455-L.jpg

A kid in cholistan Desert with his camel he charges around 10 Rs for a ride
248294338-L.jpg

Turbun is fashion of Cholistan
248294734-L.jpg

A kid in village with dusty cloths and cracks on face due to winter
248295052-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Awais,

All are amazing images. The first one is probablt my favorite, although the street scene with beggar is a close second. The turban one is also excellent, but the others tell a stronger story.

Best of luck to you,
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    All are amazing images. The first one is probably my favorite, although the street scene with beggar is a close second. The turban one is also excellent, but the others tell a stronger story.

15524779-Ti.gif In that order, too.

Always lovely to see your work, Awais. Good luck!
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Love the first one for the contest, or the street scene. Haunting image, that one.

The other portraits are wonderful, beautiful, touching. gorgeous work Awais!!!iloveyou.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    i love your first one best!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • kwalshkwalsh Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I'm going to join the crowd here, I like the first one the best too.

Beautiful shots (as usual from you!).

Ken
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I actually liked the first one with the calligraphy (but I'm a sucker for calligraphy) and the guy with the turban.

On the first one, my eyes are drawn to the watermark, which unfortunately detracts from my enjoyment of the shot. It's less obvious on the other shots.

Anyway, I always enjoy seeing your photography, Awais.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    As usual, your images are top notch.

I think the mosque shots, while intersting, are not going to stand up to the judging in an SF round. For those shots you might consider doing an photographic study of that mosque, then include them in a book! Do a study and put them up also on one of the other threads out there in Dgrin.

For the portraits, these are great, and they are likely very interesting to viewers who don't live in Pakistand. BUT I think you've done several of them in contests so far, and you run the risk of doing the same thing.

That leave the street scenes, my favorite of the two being the scooters in the dust. The other one is so wide that there is a lot of distraction, so I have a hard time seeing what the central subject is. If the beggar were up closer to the shuster, you could crop in on the contrast, one working, the other begging...

Again, NGM shot of the day, my freind!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    The 1st picture definitely got my vote. It truly shows the harsh environment (the dusty road) and the different life statuses and comfort levels (various modes of transportation - truck, moped, bicycle, van).

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    thumb.gif #1 i like
    Aaron Nelson
  • 3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    #1 is my favorite.
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Thanks all i am glad you picked that one because i wanted to post that picture in SF as this is my most difficult and adventureous photo eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    About Watermark
    Honestly speaking i don't like water marking my photos. But in Pakistan photos get robbed quite easily that is why i have to do that. Even national television of Pakistan use photos available online without permission rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Awais-
    Saw these photos in the Landscape forum and was amazed by them. #1 was my favorite and am glad to see that you entered it.
    Good luck,
    E
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Great work and a good choice. What a rich culture! Best of luck to you my friend :))

cheers,
    tom