HDR night interior!

cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited January 30, 2008 in Technique
May I sk you what you hink about this HDR image?
Thanks, Carlo

Comments

• dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    I really like it. The richness of the tones is very cool.

Thanks for posting.

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited January 28, 2008
    cocasana wrote:
    May I sk you what you hink about this HDR image?
    Thanks, Carlo

I have mixed feelings about this. It is a great image as far as it goes. Technically, it is excellent...the dymamic range is terrific, the colors are muted but nice and it is very crisp. But to me, it lacks a subject. It's too nice a room to convey emptiness. Without something to focus my attention better, it just seems like all background. ne_nau.gif

Regards,
  • rbrownrbrown Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2008
    Nic e feeling
    I like the feeling in it. Do you have any recommendations on how to do HDR photos? I have tried a couple times and have failed.

Side note: you don't happen to have a Mac book pro, do you? The 'ol "first letter missing" thing is happening in your post!
  • cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    rbrown wrote:
    I like the feeling in it. Do you have any recommendations on how to do HDR photos? I have tried a couple times and have failed.

Side note: you don't happen to have a Mac book pro, do you? The 'ol "first letter missing" thing is happening in your post!
    Hi rbrown, actually I have a Mac book pro. I'm not sure whose fault those errors were. Mac's or mine (I was a bit sleepy when I posted this threat).

I use Photomatix. I starded having reasonables results after having read
    http://www.naturescapes.net/072006/rh0706_1.htm

Now I've changed few things from that workflow. If you are interesed I can give you further details. Here's my last HDR image. My goal is to try to get as "normal" looking images as possible!

The bluish/cyan cast you se on the windows is due to a mosquito net!
  • cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    I've applied the same workflow to an image with a smaller Dynamic range. Her's the result.
  • rbrownrbrown Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2008
    Thanks for the advice!
    cocasana wrote:
    I've applied the same workflow to an image with a smaller Dynamic range. Her's the result.
    Thanks for the advice. I will check out photomatix and the site you referenced.