Keywords and anonymous visitors

slothsloth Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited January 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I've been trying to enable keywords for one of my galleries. I'd like anonymous visitors to be able to see my "tag cloud" and to use http://foo.smugmug/keyword/cats+dogs links. How do I do that?

I've made my gallery public which I thought would be the only requirement. I'd rather not want my gallery to be searchable in SmugMug's search (hello smuggers! is No) and I definitely don't want Google to index my photos (hello world! is No). I've already tried to set hello smuggers! to Yes but that didn't seem to help. I see no "cloud" (even after several days) if I go to /keyword/ as an anonymous user.

I'm very grateful for any help I can get.

/Niklas

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    sloth wrote:
    Hi,

I've been trying to enable keywords for one of my galleries. I'd like anonymous visitors to be able to see my "tag cloud" and to use http://foo.smugmug/keyword/cats+dogs links. How do I do that?

I've made my gallery public which I thought would be the only requirement. I'd rather not want my gallery to be searchable in SmugMug's search (hello smuggers! is No) and I definitely don't want Google to index my photos (hello world! is No). I've already tried to set hello smuggers! to Yes but that didn't seem to help. I see no "cloud" (even after several days) if I go to /keyword/ as an anonymous user.

I'm very grateful for any help I can get.

/Niklas

Hi Niklas,

Sorry for the confusion!

You will need SmugIslands set so that SmugSearchable is something other than total lockdown. Total lockdown would make your keywords unusable, even for a visitor to your SmugMug homepage. Anything else should let visitors see and use your keyword cloud to browse your site. (Gotcha: Don't toggle SmugSearchable to "no" for any gallery if you want that gallery to show up in the kewyord cloud)

From our help page (http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-search-island) :
    1. Yes: The default option, perfect for people who seek fame.
    2. Your name only: This is the "don't thwart your grandma" option. She can still search for your name on any SmugMug page to find you, but your photos won't show up in searches and won't land on our popular photos page.
    3. No: Other SmugMug pages will pretend they don't know you. But on your SmugMug pages, visitors will be able to use the search box, keywords, etc., to find your photos (like they can in option two, above).
    4. Lock down: You'll be invisible on other SmugMug pages besides your own, and your visitors will not be able to use keywords or searches on your SmugMug pages (but you'll be able to).
    It looks like you've set that properly, and when I log out and visit your homepage, I see your keyword cloud just fine. Am I missing something? headscratch.gif

-Anne
  • slothsloth Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2008
    AnneMcBean wrote:

It looks like you've set that properly, and when I log out and visit your homepage, I see your keyword cloud just fine. Am I missing something? headscratch.gif

-Anne
    Hi Anne,

I didn't enter my real SmugMug URL, I just used foo as an example. Sorry about that. My login is actually pennygangen. Anyways, I just tried to set the SmugIslands option to No (no 3) and it seems to work exactly as I want.

Thank you so much!

/Niklas