Photo Not Found Error

W ThorneW Thorne Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited January 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I went to my site just now I have several Photo Not Found errors written across my header.
I don't have any photos in my header just words.

I have not made any changes to my site in about a month so not sure where this is coming from.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Same here but it is my footer. I believe it was just black space.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 28, 2008
    W Thorne wrote:
    When I went to my site just now I have several Photo Not Found errors written across my header.

I have not made any changes to my site in about a month so not sure where this is coming from.

Wilif,

I believe that your problem is this css declaration...

background: url(http://www.texassportsimage.com/photos/XXXXXXXX-L.gif);

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    W Thorne wrote:

You have this in your CSS:

#my_header img {
    width:xxx;
    height:yyy;
    border:0;
    }

.homepage #my_header {
    display: block;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    background: url(http://www.texassportsimage.com/photos/XXXXXXXX-L.gif);
    height: XXpx;
    width: 960px;
    text-align: center;
    }

You'll want to remove that since you really aren't calling any image there.
    edited January 28, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Same here but it is my footer. I believe it was just black space.
    Bham you have the same sort of issue:

#my_footer img {
    width:xxx;
    height:yyy;
    border:0;
    }

.homepage #my_footer {
    display: block;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    background: url(http://mcleod.smugmug.com/photos/XXXXXXXX-L.gif);
    height: XXpx;
    width: XXXpx;
    }

remove all that code and you'll be fine :)
  • W ThorneW Thorne Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Thanks all, I took out the url and everything was back to normal.
    edited January 28, 2008
    Curious why this is just showing up now. I haven't changed anything to my code in months if not a year. So something has been changed by smugmug. You may find a lot more people with this.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
    edited January 28, 2008
    Well now the text I had for my custom footer info has disappeared.
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Well now the text I had for my custom footer info has disappeared.
    The text is still there as far as I can tell. Did you want it to display on all pages or just the hompage?

If all pages, remove the following from your css section:
    #my_footer {display: none; }

Homepage only, add this below the above line:

.homepage #my_footer {display: block;}

To 'style' it up, use this:
    .homepage #my_footer {
    width: 750px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    display: block;}

Give one of the options a try, and if I'm way off base, yell back :)
    edited January 28, 2008
    Well the only time I see the customized footer text that I wanted is when I am on the actual customization page, but its not showing on my homepage logged in or logged out, or on any other page logged in or out. Before the errors showed up today it showed up just on my homepage.

The text you gave me worked. Thanks

Now back to the question why all of a sudden did the code I had on the website for at least 8 months or it could have been 2 years stop working.

Also FYI richW, whatever is supposed to load in the center of your homepage isn't working.
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Well the only time I see the customized footer text that I wanted is when I am on the actual customization page, but its not showing on my homepage logged in or logged out, or on any other page logged in or out. Before the errors showed up today it showed up just on my homepage.

The text you gave me worked. Thanks

Now back to the question why all of a sudden did the code I had on the website for at least 8 months or it could have been 2 years stop working.

Also FYI richW, whatever is supposed to load in the center of your homepage isn't working.
    I'm not sure what changed on your site to cause this ne_nau.gif

Thanks about my site, thats what I get for starting a project just before I need to login to the help desk to help all the Smuggers. My site can wait :D
    edited January 28, 2008
    I haven't changed anything on my site in a long long time except to upload photos and create new galleries. My point is smugmug changed something. I didn't start this thread another user who had similar code that worked, suddenly didn't work. So you may get some other users with similar issues when they notice them.
    edited January 28, 2008
    bham wrote:
    I haven't changed anything on my site in a long long time except to upload photos and create new galleries. My point is smugmug changed something. I didn't start this thread another user who had similar code that worked, suddenly didn't work. So you may get some other users with similar issues when they notice them.
    What we changed was that if you have a bogus url in your code (like that XXXXXXX-L.jpg) it'll show a photo not found error.
    edited January 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    What we changed was that if you have a bogus url in your code (like that XXXXXXX-L.jpg) it'll show a photo not found error.

Thanks for the explantion.