A few questions about Keyword Options and "Search"

MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited February 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I'll start by saying I have the Keywording option turned off so my customers cannot add or edit "My" keywords. and because of this I also have the main "Search" function unavailable on my website.

That being said I really want to turn the Search function back on (If I remember how I turned it off), but have a few questions.

I shoot a lot of sports and it would be a great added feature if my customers could add their name or race number to each of their photos to search on throughout the year (or better yet have the ability to tag photos as their personal favorites - hint, hint!). So, is there anyway to allow my customers to add there own keywords without having the ability to edit mine - mistakenly edit or delete?? I assume the search feature searches only under Keywords and not Captions??

Michael

Comments

• MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    bump
    bump

I'll start by saying I have the Keywording option turned off so my customers cannot add or edit "My" keywords. and because of this I also have the main "Search" function unavailable on my website.

That being said I really want to turn the Search function back on (If I remember how I turned it off), but have a few questions.

I shoot a lot of sports and it would be a great added feature if my customers could add their name or race number to each of their photos to search on throughout the year (or better yet have the ability to tag photos as their personal favorites - hint, hint!). So, is there anyway to allow my customers to add there own keywords without having the ability to edit mine - mistakenly edit or delete?? I assume the search feature searches only under Keywords and not Captions??

Michael
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2008
    I'll start by saying I have the Keywording option turned off so my customers cannot add or edit "My" keywords. and because of this I also have the main "Search" function unavailable on my website....
    Are you allowing them to log in as guest? Nobody can change your keywords
    without being logged in.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited January 31, 2008
    What is this then???
    According to the Customization page you can allow friends and family to edit keywords.

I guess my direct question is if I turn my "SEARCH" box back on - where can CUSTOMERS enter info (race number, name, etc) on individual pictures that when using the search function will enable them to see all the photos they have tagged?

I thought the search function was searching on "Keywords" (not captions) and I turned off the ability for customers/friends to edit captions & keywords as i do not want them to be able to edit or delete the kkeywords I have entered.

Am I missing somwething here? (I usually am)
    edited February 4, 2008
    bump
    BUMP....

According to the Customization page you can allow friends and family to edit keywords.

I guess my direct question is if I turn my "SEARCH" box back on - where can CUSTOMERS enter info (race number, name, etc) on individual pictures that when using the search function will enable them to see all the photos they have tagged?

I thought the search function was searching on "Keywords" (not captions) and I turned off the ability for customers/friends to edit captions & keywords as i do not want them to be able to edit or delete the kkeywords I have entered.

Am I missing somwething here? (I usually am)
    edited February 6, 2008
    bump
    bump

BUMP....
    edited February 8, 2008
    bump
    bump
    bump
    edited February 11, 2008
    bump
    bump
    bump
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008

They would need their own smugmug accounts to do that, unless you give out a guest password (which you wouldn't want to do for all your customers).

I'm sure people know some neat tricks, but basically there isn't a way to let your customers edit your keywords.

Dave