Sorry-We are Closed

tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited January 29, 2008 in Landscapes
There is a strawberry stand down the street from us, after all the raining and storming... the water got really deep.

248630661-M.jpg

I took this one of the other side, but not sure which one I like better:

248629933-M.jpg

C & C appreciated
**Taking the moments one shot at a time**
~Working with my Nikon D80~
<My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>

Comments

• DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Reigo Road??
    I think I seen that place the other day coming back from the SMF airport.
    Hard one to comp, reflections on the signs would be nicebut would have been a bit wet to get all of them.
    Definately juicy strawberries.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Yes, coming out baseline and watt, you would pass coming from airport. lol

I was out there for a while shooting, the reflection was hard to get from the angle I was at. Needed some waders to get closer, and that was not option. lol I tried to get reflection in first shot...
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Ha, I know that stand too - I don't live far from there. I like the second one best.
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Wow, that's wet.

I like the first one best, but you just need to straighten the horizon on it. :)

The reflections are great in the first one, I like the second also but it seems a little flat (not colors or anything, the actual building i mean). I like the angle on the firs one, how it isn't straign on and I can see the shape of the building well.
    ~ Lisa
  • tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Wow, that's wet.

I like the first one best, but you just need to straighten the horizon on it. :)

The reflections are great in the first one, I like the second also but it seems a little flat (not colors or anything, the actual building i mean). I like the angle on the firs one, how it isn't straign on and I can see the shape of the building well.

I played with it in editting. The problem I ran into is, we are heading into the foothills area and when I tweak the horizon, the strawberry stand gets a little tilt.

I am going to go out next sunny or nice day and try to re-shoot. Thinking of re-angling the 2nd picture to make it not so flat. What other suggestions might make this picture better?
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    I like the first one best. I think it' a better comp and I like the colors on the hillside and the sky included.
    nice job.
    Lisa