Navigation Issue

chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
edited January 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
HI Gang,

When one clicks on the large photo in a gallery they are taken to where they can view photos small, medium, large, etc.

The entirety of the navigation controls on that page are a "<", a ">", and an "x".

I'd like to suggest augmenting those little gems with something like "previous", "next", and "close" or "exit".

This would make the controls much easier to find and would also provide a much larger target for those who aren't that steady using a mouse. I suspect there are a lot of grandma's and grandpa's out there who are having difficulty hitting those tiny little things that are there now.

Maybe "First" and "Last" would be convenient as well. At least "First" so someone who wants to start from the beginning again can do so with just one click.

Just my $.02.

Thanks for reading this.

Chuck Cannova
http://chuckinsocal.SmugMug.com
Chuck Cannova
www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    HI Gang,

When one clicks on the large photo in a gallery they are taken to where they can view photos small, medium, large, etc.

The entirety of the navigation controls on that page are a "<", a ">", and an "x".

I'd like to suggest augmenting those little gems with something like "previous", "next", and "close" or "exit".

This would make the controls much easier to find and would also provide a much larger target for those who aren't that steady using a mouse. I suspect there are a lot of grandma's and grandpa's out there who are having difficulty hitting those tiny little things that are there now.

Maybe "First" and "Last" would be convenient as well. At least "First" so someone who wants to start from the beginning again can do so with just one click.

Just my $.02.

Thanks for reading this.

Chuck Cannova
    http://chuckinsocal.SmugMug.com

Good ideas. There's plenty of screen space, so verbose is probably better than compact in this case.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question