edited March 21, 2005 in Sports
17775319-M.jpg
Hockey East Semi final action.

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 19, 2005
    Good action shot and Goalie has some nice reach :D

This shot could use a tad bit of horizon correction--a little CW rotation.

How'd the team do?

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Wow that is painful to watch! Very nice shot considering you probably shot through glass to get it! Did you use a rubber hood against the glass?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 19, 2005
    Very nice Karen thumb.gifthumb.gif

Great timing too clap.gif It's such an acrobatic play by the goalie, I would suggest cropping it a bit tighter, on both sides, to make him and the shooter bigger. Very niceeeeeeeeeee as is too.

So who won? And when's the next game?

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Ok so to answer questions, I shot through a hole in the glass, the DOF was way down that is why the shooter is out of focus. I cropped it for USCHO, but I love the reaction of the guy just above the net. So I left him on for here. And the next game was last night. BC won that one as well and gets a free ride to the NCAA's.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Ok so to answer questions, I shot through a hole in the glass, the DOF was way down that is why the shooter is out of focus. I cropped it for USCHO, but I love the reaction of the guy just above the net. So I left him on for here. And the next game was last night. BC won that one as well and gets a free ride to the NCAA's.
    Oh yeah!

Do you get the free ride as well? I, for one, hope so!

Ian
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Oh yeah!

Do you get the free ride as well? I, for one, hope so!

Ian
    Ha, well I will be shooting the NCAA regional that will be in amherst, I may be asked to cover some of the regional in worchester (which is friday sat, amherst is sat, sun) and I am hoping (fingers cross) if things work out, I have a connection that says there is a major sport magazine that is looking for photographers for college hockey.......so maybe they will give me a call ( I know this particular magazine doesnt care for unsolicited work)

Oh and I was thinking as to why I didnt crop that one ( I usually do) I think I had mildly impressed myself with how I shot it as is. That photo is what came out of the camera, no crop or anything.

I got a couple more for ya though......
    17894459-M-1.jpg
    He is actually making the save with stick, incredible defensive play, but not enough, as BC ends up winning the game (this is from the final on Saturday night)
    And this is from the Men's Lax game on Saturday, football fans, especially from the new england area should know this guy.
    17895093-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 21, 2005
    winger wrote:
    And this is from the Men's Lax game on Saturday, football fans, especially from the new england area should know this guy.
    should I? ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 21, 2005
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

psst. Who is that guy?
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Hey, is that a friend of my dad's? rolleyes1.gif

Yeah, I think he may be slightly famous around here. bowdown.gif Don't think he'll ever have to pay for a drink in New England. :D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    Hey winger, it's a fine shot, great moment. Now why not crop it?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au