Norwegian Hillside.

ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited January 30, 2008 in Landscapes
Moan_by_cainadamsson.jpg

Still trying to learn the BW-conversions.. :)

C&C appreciated!

Large version: (I like that best).
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/029/7/1/Moan_by_cainadamsson.jpg
-Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Ulrik,

I know you're in Norway and not Sweden, but this scene reminded me instantly of the movie The Seventh Seal. I like your conversion and in PP you retained great detail in the clouds as well as the shadows on the hill. If anything your masking is a little bit light around the boundaries of ground and sky, visible as a very slight halo especially around the center tree.

Don't know if it was your intent, but this scene makes me want to stroll through the grass and eat a bowl of strawberries. lol3.gif
  • ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Ulrik,

I know you're in Norway and not Sweden, but this scene reminded me instantly of the movie The Seventh Seal. I like your conversion and in PP you retained great detail in the clouds as well as the shadows on the hill. If anything your masking is a little bit light around the boundaries of ground and sky, visible as a very slight halo especially around the center tree.

Don't know if it was your intent, but this scene makes me want to stroll through the grass and eat a bowl of strawberries. lol3.gif

Hehe, sweden works :P Thanks for your comment! I'll try to brush down the USM better on the next one! Just learning to use CS3 to do selective sharpening and other effects :)
    -Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.