2229681758_09680daed7.jpg

thanks janis
(2) Canon 20d, (1) canon 30d, 70-200is 2.8, tamron 17-50,canon 50mm 1.4
http://www.photographybywidget.com

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    great colours, lighting and DOF! thumb.gif

sharp where needed + soft at the other places = nicely done.

the angle is a bit funky but i like it! :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif Beautiful image, great composition. I just hope there is no brain damage from all the blood rushing to the head. :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Color is great - not over done!
    Image is very sharp where it should be and blurred where that's appropriate - good DOF work!

Angle of the crop doesn't do anything for me, but don't let that worry you. I'm still trying to figure out when it's the right time to do angled shots. :D
    However, the three blades of grass across his face are huge detractors for me.
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif I love most of the things about this image...the grass is a bit distracting and the first time I saw this I felt like baby was about to slide right out of the picture. The angle is a bit distracting to me.

Light is good, color is good...sweet subject.
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • magicpicmagicpic Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Shudderz wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif15524779-Ti.gif I love most of the things about this image...the grass is a bit distracting and the first time I saw this I felt like baby was about to slide right out of the picture. The angle is a bit distracting to me.

Light is good, color is good...sweet subject.
    thanks guys janis
    (2) Canon 20d, (1) canon 30d, 70-200is 2.8, tamron 17-50,canon 50mm 1.4
    http://www.photographybywidget.com
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    I agree too. Very cute. The face is so cute, I didn't notice the grass at first look. And the colors are beautiful.

The angle is interesting, but because of the subject matter - a baby - it is unsettling. It feels precarious and I wont to move him from harms way. maybe if the head were angled up toward the top left instead of down to the bottom left?

Nice job!

Lisa
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    When I turn my head and look at it as if it is rotated 90 to the right, the angle doesn't look as bad to me and the grass blades in the face almost don't seem to be in the face any longer. It appears that the baby is actually looking at the grass trying to figure it out. It is a cute expression.
    Jaye
  • Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    I love the shot, very nice work with the foreground and background, however like Scott said, the blades of grass are distracting, to me also. The only suggestion I would have is to PS out the 3 blades of grass in the face, and then voila!

Very, very nice picture!! Keep it up!
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada