Waiting for the Bell

tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited January 30, 2008 in People
There is a really sweet mom whose little girl goes to school with my son. When it is raining, she will wait by the car so I do not have to take the baby (3 months old) out while I walk my son to class. To thank her, I took some pictures of her youngest the other day while we were waiting for the kids to get out of class. (under the guise of testing my camera settings) I would like to thank her by printing one up and framing it. Out of 20 shots taken, I have narrowed it down to these. Would love opinions on which to choose.

248910996-M.jpg

248911189-M.jpg

248911416-M.jpg
**Taking the moments one shot at a time**
~Working with my Nikon D80~
<My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Out of the three I like the first one as he is looking at the camera but there are a couple of things I noticed in the picture.

At the top of the picture, maybe you could crop it a little lower to remove that littel band of dirt (brown area) in the middle

The lads right cheek (as you look at the picture) and his chest are a little white, could you tweak the picture to bring a bit of flesh colour back??

Tim
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif - the first one is the best of this lot. The other two have grass impinging on the little guy's face/head. I would also consider the crop suggested. Exposure is about 1/2 stop to high - bring it back in line and I think the hot spots on his face/chest will take care of themselves, and the shirt will go back to black as well.
  • tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Thanks, will keep working it. Your suggestions helped bowdown.gif
    **Taking the moments one shot at a time**
    ~Working with my Nikon D80~
    <My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Yep, the first one. The eye contact makes it much stronger and the grass actually frames his face nicely. I agree with the crop and exposure suggestions.

What a nice gift this will make!
    Lisa
  • PilznrPilznr Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    draggin wrote:
    Out of the three I like the first one as he is looking at the camera but there are a couple of things I noticed in the picture.

At the top of the picture, maybe you could crop it a little lower to remove that littel band of dirt (brown area) in the middle

The lads right cheek (as you look at the picture) and his chest are a little white, could you tweak the picture to bring a bit of flesh colour back??

Tim
    15524779-Ti.gif The first one is better than the other two. Just seeing his face is better.