Options

cobalt blue

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited February 1, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'm not sure if I've posted in "Other Cool Shots" before! Anyway, I took this today and kinda liked it. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else found it aesthetically pleasing. Critique and suggestions welcome!

248955904-L-2.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    jdmphotojdmphoto Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    I'm not a fan of still life photography but this is a very nice photo. I like the colors, reflections, composition and especially the windows. It makes me think of being inside on a cold rainy day. Well done.thumb.gif
    See my photo's athttp://jdmphoto.smugmug.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    I really like it. thumb.gif The raindrops on the window and the ordinary street outside make the foreground so much warmer and cozier. The fact that your cups have a slightly squashed look to them adds a quirky touch.

Love your beautifully spotless countertops! :D
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Lovely i like it very much
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Elaine, I like the idea, but I have to say the execution isn't up to your usual standards (with people).
    It might work better (for me) if the glassware were moved forward a bit. It just looks crowded up against the window frame. Really nice color, and I like what you did on a rainy daymwink.gif .
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    jdm - Thank you! I appreciate the thumb.gif .

schmoo - Thanks! I was kinda bummed because that car wasn't there when I began shooting. That window looks out at our cul-de-sac which has parking in the middle, and that car pulled up and parked right in my view! This is actually a bay window above my kitchen sink, so it's an easy spot to keep clean. :D

Awais - I appreciate the comment! Thanks so much!

Icebear - I'm flattered that you think I have a "usual standard" with people shots! :D And I can see what you mean about the crowding. I did want to maintain some detail of the rain on the windows without too much DOF, yet have the blue glass and the reflections be in focus...maybe I was trying too much for what I had to work with. Thanks for the comments!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm not sure if I've posted in "Other Cool Shots" before! Anyway, I took this today and kinda liked it. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else found it aesthetically pleasing. Critique and suggestions welcome!

This is a lovely shot Elaine, the colours and exposure is well done.
    I love the reflection of the blue vessels on the tiles, and love your background too of raindrops on windows.

Captures some real nice light coming through those windows clap.gif
    Well done Elaine thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin