SOLD: Tamron 24-135mm (EOS Mount) $230

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited February 1, 2008 in House of Canon
Good Morning Folks,
Up for sale (again) is my very, very, very seldom used Tamron 24-135mm (EOS Mount) lens. Since obtaining the Tamron 17-50 2.8 and the Canon 70-200 2.8, the Tamron 24-135 does not see any use at all. This is a very good walk around lens with the 35mm equivalent of 38 - 216mm. I have large sample pics taken at various focal lengths that I will be more then happy to e-mail. Comes with the box, both caps, soft carry case, hood and blank warranty card. Delivered in the Con US for $230.
As always, thanks for looking and have a good day :D
Jim...

Item has been SOLD !!!

Comments

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2008
    Sale Pending: Tamron 24-135mm (EOS) lens $210
    Morning Folks,
    Looks like a private sale is pending. The potential buyer (a friend) has a 5D. He recently purchased the 24-105L IS lens. Although he likes the lens and the images from it, he still has a hard time justifying the $900 price tag. He borrowed my lens yesterday and after snapping off about 50 pictures, could not believe the results straight from the camera. Of course, he stopped the lens down to around f8. He is now trying to return the 24-105L (it's only 10 days old he said) and buy the Tamron instead.
    As always, thanks for looking and have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2008
    Never compared the two lenses in question but have owned a Tamron 24-135 and found it very impressive.

FWIW/ScottGee1
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    scottgee1 wrote:
    Never compared the two lenses in question but have owned a Tamron 24-135 and found it very impressive.

FWIW/ScottGee1

Good Morning,
    This was my 2nd 24-135 lens. I used the first one for a while, then ended up buying the kit lens for $45 due to the wide angle. I actually used that lens more then the Tamron, so I sold that one early last year. Bought another one late last year and used that briefly, until I bought the Tamron 17-50 2.8 and Canon 70-200 2.8. Both copies were very sharp & contrasty when stopped down a little. If anyone has the opportunity to buy this lens for under $250, you will not be disappointed. While it's not a low light/fast lens, it is ideal for every day outside use. And yes, both copies that I owned were as sharp and contrasty as the Canon 24-105L when stopped down.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...

Mr. MOD: Please change the title to sold wings.gif Thank you