Options

Photoshop CS3 question

peedeepeedee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 30, 2008 in Finishing School
I accidentally deleted one of the Lighting Effects (namely Soft Spotlight) while trying for a Filter > Render effect.

I cannot restore it even after re-setting the preferences file nor can I find where it might have gone.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    The named effect is nothing more than a saved set of settings of the filter 'Lighting Effects'. Short of replacing the original file you can simply open a file in CS3 and create the setting again and save it rather than delete.

Open a pic in CS3, select Filter/Render/Lighting Effects, use any of the preassigned and change the settings to the list below and save as Spot Light

The settings on mine are currently:

Light type: Spotlight
    Option On: ticked
    Intensity: 98
    Focus: 100
    Gloss: 0
    Material: 75
    Exposure: -30
    Ambience: 15
    Texture Channel: None

Select save and save as Soft Spotlight
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com
  • Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2008
    Hi peedee,

First check your trashcan / recycle bin and see if it's there, since that should be where it went if you did indeed delete it.

Might still be in the Photoshop program file, Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Filters\Lighting Styles. Or try a search of your computer using the name.

If you have the CS3 disk, you may be able to get it there, though you might have to do a reinstall.

Finally, check on Adobe site and see if they can get it for you.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    peedeepeedee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2008
    cjmchch wrote:
    The named effect is nothing more than a saved set of settings of the filter 'Lighting Effects'. Short of replacing the original file you can simply open a file in CS3 and create the setting again and save it rather than delete.

Open a pic in CS3, select Filter/Render/Lighting Effects, use any of the preassigned and change the settings to the list below and save as Spot Light

The settings on mine are currently:

Light type: Spotlight
    Option On: ticked
    Intensity: 98
    Focus: 100
    Gloss: 0
    Material: 75
    Exposure: -30
    Ambience: 15
    Texture Channel: None

Select save and save as Soft Spotlight

Thanks - worked a charm. Never would have thought of that.