Boston Public Library from Copley Square

dannymirandadannymiranda Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 3, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello everyone! This is my first photmerge from about 7 images. I took the picture(s) while walking to Back Bay train station to catch a train heading down to Providence. It was a really grim day with (what I like to call) sea-mist in the air. I wish I had gotten more of the church to the right; however, I think it came out pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next trip to Boston because it is such an incredible city. I would love to hear any comments and or criticisms on this one.

249222448-L.jpg
 Macbook Pro | 2.2GHz Core2Duo | 2GB | 160GB HDD | 500GB HDD x 2 | Creative GigaWorks T20
 30 GB iPod Video | Sennheiser PX100 Headphones
 Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi | EF 50mm f1.8 II | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 | Manfrotto 190XPROB & 484RC2
dannymiranda.smugmug.com

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2008
    Hi Danny, I love Boston, too! One of the few cities in the east I love to visit. :D

Given the looks of the weather that day, it looks as though you had some tricky light to work with. Flat, but with snow, which seems to have caused a lot of contrasty areas in your final shot. I'm sure there wasn't much detail in the sky to begin with, being all clouds, but it's a bit of a blank canvas here.

Still it's a very cool street scene. I just want to walk into the frame and check out some of those shops. thumb.gif
  • JGDJGD Registered Users Posts: 315 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    I like the panorama effect. But, the exposure looks underexposed. A big problem when shooting in this type of lighting.

In the old days his was delt with by using a graduated ND filter to darken the sky. With photoshop you could bring up the exposure of the selected buildings and then darken the sky to bring out some texture. All in all tho', a tough situation.
    Jim Green Canon 5D: Proceed W/Caution, I tend to get carried Away:dunno
    http://jgdesigns.smugmug.com/
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2008
    Awesome shot, great detail in the buildings. Too bad about the sky. Boston (and Providence) are great cities to shoot.