Arashiyama in November

zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited February 1, 2008 in Landscapes
I finally finished processing my shots from Japan. The last set is from Arashiyama. I was going to do a Journeys thread like Schmoo did. Alas, I've been under the weather, so we get photos instead.

My completed Japan gallery is here.

Bent
248952759-M-2.jpg

Markers
248953178-M-2.jpg

Bamboo
248953635-M-2.jpg

And Smuggy!
248952297-M-2.jpg

C&C always welcomed! Thanks for looking.
Travis

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Yay bamboo! One of my favorite words. :D

I really like the greyscale one. Even though the striking color is lost, the geometric pattern created by the trunks is emphasized even better. Love the fact that the front trunks are almost completely silhouetted!

The first photo was really cool in real life but in the image with nothing to give you a sense of scale, you can't really capture the huge size of that fallen soldier.

Maybe in the grave markers there could be some way to bring out the carved kanji better? The first three times I looked at the image, I didn't even notice it and I wondered what drew you to shoot the stone in the forground. As it was the angle you shot these from removes all recognition of the square things as gravestones. Maybe that's what you were going for, or not, but it's kind of hard to tell (for me, at least) without the caption what it is we're lookin' at.