MacroMan

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited March 23, 2005 in People
so, I was reading the instructions to my digital camera, something I put off so I could experiment myself, and I found out how to use the macro function. So, I started taking a whole bunch of pictures in it. Here's my favorite. His name is Shawn. Comments appricated.
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    What a cutie pie! And look at that smirk, he he heiloveyou.gif . Lady killer in the making, his mommy better watch out!
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    clap.gifNice shot! I love the nice even smooth lighting and of course. the cheeky look on his face, and those lovely icy blue eyes.

Great portrait!:D
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 20, 2005
    this is a great shot GE! almost catalogue-like in it's feeling. can you clone out the tiny white speck of lint; 10:00 from the hat's label.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Very cute shot. One thing I noticed and I have the same problem, is if
    the person is wearing a billed hat the camera tends to focus on the tip
    of the bill and not get the eyes in focus. Using macro makes it even
    harder because I think in that mode it tries to focus on the closest
    object. I would try using spot focus on the eyes hoping it would not
    lock on anything closer.

Again, it is a lovely capture, thanks for posting.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    so, I was reading the instructions to my digital camera, something I put off so I could experiment myself, and I found out how to use the macro function. So, I started taking a whole bunch of pictures in it. Here's my favorite. His name is Shawn. Comments appricated.
    What was the camera?
    I like this photo and like his expression,
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    My camera is a Photosmart 935, nothing fancy but pretty good to start off with.
    This is what it looks like: Photosmart 935
    Anyway, I very quickly and very slopply tried to make the changes Allan was getting at. I softened the hat and sharpened his a eyes just a bit. This site is a bad habit when exam time comes around ;). Thanks for the comments!
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Great picture and the expression is priceless. Howver I hate to tell you but it is not macro or even close to macro. An example of a macro shot would be one that showed just the label on the hat.

http://www.dcviews.com/tutors/tt57014.htm
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
    edited March 21, 2005
    Charles,
    Thanks for the link. I should of used the function in the minimalist challenge. I didn't really know what the fuction was used primarily for. However, I guess what I was trying to get from macro were close up shots of people's faces without having the image blur- which it tends to do with my camera. I still know very little on how cameras work and what I really need to make certain types of shots. But thanks for helping out. I will try to do so real macro shots in the future.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 21, 2005
    Charles,
    Thanks for the link. I should of used the function in the minimalist challenge. I didn't really know what the fuction was used primarily for. However, I guess what I was trying to get from macro were close up shots of people's faces without having the image blur- which it tends to do with my camera. I still know very little on how cameras work and what I really need to make certain types of shots. But thanks for helping out. I will try to do so real macro shots in the future.
    Ashley
    I was gonna agree with chuck - and now that I see your response...

If your camera is having trouble focusing in the portrait range (as in your photo above) without being switched to "macro", I might be worried. I might be scaring you for no reason, but usually digital point and shoots work great on full auto for basic portraits. Maybe someone else has a better anser...

ne_nau.gif

Great shot by the way, cute kid :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited March 22, 2005
    Oh, DoctorIt camera is fine its just me. I want really really really clear pictures. Just to show there is no need to fear because I get paranoid easily a picture I will show you!
    Green is the way to be!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2005
    Oh, DoctorIt camera is fine its just me. I want really really really clear pictures. Just to show there is no need to fear because I get paranoid easily a picture I will show you!
    Good, just wanted to make sure everything was clear as mud in terms of the camera and what it should be allowing you to do thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• REQREQ Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    nice photo i like the first photo

thumb.gif :photo nice