SOLD: NEW EOS 30D/FREE 4GB SanDisk Ultra II CF Card

RemfordRemford Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited February 3, 2008 in House of Canon
I am offering the following factory new item(s) for sale.
  • Canon EOS 30D - $695.00 (Canon Item - 1234B004)
The Buyer will also receive, absolutely free:
  • SanDisk Ultra II 4GB Compact Flash Card. (SanDisk Item - SDCFH-4096-901)
This is factory new, from an Authorized Canon Dealer, and complete with all accessories, documentation, and Full Canon USA/Canada Warranty. The buyer will also receive a copy of the original purchase receipt. This is NOT a "refurbished", "grey market", or "import" item. It is factory new and intended for the North American market.

The price includes all fees and shipping costs (via ground) within the 48 CONUS. 2-Day shipping is available for a $35 surcharge (within the 48 CONUS). Shipping to AK and HI is available for $20 surcharge and Canada for $25. This is not for general sale or shipping outside the 50 United States or Canada (without advance approval). PayPal payments must be eligible for Buyer and Seller Protection. Payment by MoneyGram wire transfer or USPS Domestic Money Order is available for all purchasers and waives all shipping restrictions not otherwise prohibited by US export law.

Additional shipping fees for destinations outside the USA and Canada will apply. The purchaser is responsible for satisfying all customs requirements (including clearance and duties) once the package arrives in the destination country. There are no further surcharges to the purchase price. I will not misstatte, undervalue or underinsure shipments values.

I am an established, equipment seller to the photography forum community and enjoy generous positive feedback that attests to the quality of the items I offer for sale, the service I provide, and the emphasis I place upon absolute integrity and satisfaction. Interested parties should contact me by email to ensure a prompt response. Thanks in advance to all who inquire.

My Gear (& more) • Go Infared! • Do some good today for tomorrow. • Eamus Catuli• If you haven't driven one of these lately, you should!

Comments

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2008
    How many shots on this camera? I only ask because a new one is $100 bucks more.
  • RemfordRemford Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2008
    How many shots on this camera? I only ask because a new one is $100 bucks more.

Hmm... Good question.

I'm not really sure how many "shots" they're putting on cameras before they leave the factory nowadays. I'm going to have to do some homework and get back to you on that.

Thank you for your interest.

My Gear (& more) • Go Infared! • Do some good today for tomorrow. • Eamus Catuli• If you haven't driven one of these lately, you should!
    edited January 31, 2008
    WOW Remford, I had no Idea you were the factory and/or owned the factory!

I asked a very valid question. New is one thing, buying from the factory is another.

The interest was lost in your [MOD EDIT: unnecessary language] reply.

Adios.

Remford wrote:
    Hmm... Good question.

I'm not really sure how many "shots" they're putting on cameras before they leave the factory nowadays. I'm going to have to do some homework and get back to you on that.

edited January 31, 2008

I asked a very valid question. New is one thing, buying from the factory is another.

The interest was lost in your smartass reply.

Adios.

Well, unless you actually happened to think I was Mr. Canon when you asked... I'm sorry if that detail was ambiguous, and am glad it's been clarified.

Nevertheless, I checked, and for the benefit of any others who may be interested, the answer to the shot count is zero.

• BroadyBroady Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2008
    I'll buy it depending on the shipping cost to Australia.
    edited February 1, 2008
    Broady wrote:
    I'll buy it depending on the shipping cost to Australia.

I've responded to your inquiry by PM with a tentative shipping estimate to Australia.

• PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008

The interest was lost in your --- reply.

Adios.

What an odd response.headscratch.gif
    edited February 1, 2008
    Response
    Ok so I over reacted to the original posters response. I have emailed my apology to him and I also offer it to the rest reading this thread.

Happy reading and happy buying!

Scott
    edited February 1, 2008
    SOLD: *NEW* EOS 30D/FREE 4GB SanDisk Ultra II CF Card
    This item has been sold. Thanks to all who inquired or expressed interest.

• BrascoleBrascole Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Ok so I over reacted to the original posters response. I have emailed my apology to him and I also offer it to the rest reading this thread.

Happy reading and happy buying!

Scott

You shouldn't. It is a valid question. His representation is misleading. He should not have given the snippy answer to your question. It's either brand new or he purchased the camera and is selling it "like new". That's fair.
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    what is the difference between "factory new" and "new"? i don't think all of the "circus talk" with big announcements, lingo, CAPs, bonuses, etc. Are needed... and we could certainly do without the snappy/smarty pant remarks. thumb.gif
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
    edited February 2, 2008
    what is the difference between "factory new" and "new"? i don't think all of the "circus talk" with big announcements, lingo, CAPs, bonuses, etc. Are needed... and we could certainly do without the snappy/smarty pant remarks. thumb.gif

Not that it's relevant, but there's been no "circus talk" here. You can see the need for specificity in the response directly prior to yours; no degree of explicitness is sufficient to quell those who would seek to create a semantic dilemma.

Now, you're welome to guess what those motives might be; but I'll leave the issue rest by stating that despite the rapid rate at which they happen to be selling and the uniform satisfaction their buyers report time and time again, there seem to be some folks for whom no good value is "good enough", and if they think there may be a few dollars to be had, they're not afraid of creating a non-existent "issue" just to give themselves a basis for debate.

It's pretty obvious in his comments regarding 3rdP's redaction. Andfor his own reasons, it's apparently something 3rdP felt appropriate to do. So why anyone would feel it happens to be THEIR business at all, let alone the need to comment about it, is well beyond my reasoning and not something I'm going to tend to dedicate a lot of time or brainpower feeding Captain Quixote's jones for attention. And given that there's absolutely nothing in the listing that would possibly confuse or meslead a anyone into buying something different than they would have possibly expected to receive, I'm not going to focus a whole lot (read any) mental horsepower in that direction either. Besides, I'm sure the Moderator will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "Drama" topic is located in a different part of the forum.

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 2, 2008
    Brascole wrote:
    You shouldn't. It is a valid question. His representation is misleading. He should not have given the snippy answer to your question. It's either brand new or he purchased the camera and is selling it "like new". That's fair.
    In my book, this is called "trolling", Brascole. There was a bit of a trainwreck, someone apologized, everything went back on track, and you come in here to stir it up again.

I would have just deleted your useless post, but it seems many of you just want to keep stirring. For the record, the seller here is the only one that has maintained civil PM communication with me about what is going on in here.

I've marked this SOLD and let's leave it at that.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,076 moderator
    edited February 3, 2008
    I cleaned this up after the point where Doc marked the item sold. No more bashing please.

This thread is now closed.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
This discussion has been closed.