Two Girls at the Beach

sdomminsdommin Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited March 20, 2005 in People
These two girls were playing in the surf at Baker Beach (just south of the Golden Gate Bridge).

Camera: Leica Digilux 2

girls3344.jpg

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    The colors really work here and the girls in silhouette are great. What if you try a crop to move them off center? I don't think you will lose anything and an off center composition might add interest.
    If not now, when?
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Excellent silhoutte, agree with rutt about maybe a crop
    Nice job thumb.gif
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Great shot!! I agree about maybe cropping it a bit to move them off center. Even without doing that I LOVE it!!clap.gif
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • sdomminsdommin Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'll experiment with different crops, but I'm inclined to leave it as it is. I like how the patterns of the very brightest light (from the top, bottom, and sides) all point toward the center of interest (the girls). That tends to give your eye pathways to explore the whole picture. In this particular case, maybe the "rule of thirds" can be broken for a center-oriented composition.