Options

Digital Photography courses

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited February 5, 2008 in Technique
Not sure where to post this. Has anyone taken any courses from the New York Institute of Photography (NYIP) and if so what was your experience? Someone in this forum referenced an article from one of their web pages and when I went to the website it looked pretty interesting. I was interested in the Fundamentals of Digital photography course. I'm an enthusiast beginner who just loves to take photos, has no training and just bought my first digital SLR. I was wondering if this course would be worth it. Thanks for your help.

Stephanie

Comments

• Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=66820&highlight=nyip

I put a fairly long post about it in there, but I took the Professional Photog course..
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2008
    Thanks for the information, I did read through your post. I think I am going to take the Digital Photography course. I'm not trying to become a professional however I do really enjoy my camera and just want to take the best pictures I can take. Since I have no experience (I don't know what "stop down" means although I have seen it a hundred times) I would like a place where I can get all of the basic information in one place instead of searching the forums and "googling". I find so much helpful information here but a lot of it I still don't understand because I don't know the basics. I'm very task oriented and if I have to complete assignments I believe I will learn better than just reading . Thanks for your help!
    evoryware wrote:
    http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=66820&highlight=nyip

I put a fairly long post about it in there, but I took the Professional Photog course..