SF4 entry

OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited February 2, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm thinking of entering this shot in SF4, but would like C&C on it, if possible. Is it mysterious, enigmatic, or does it just simply go in another direction? Would it help to crop differently?
249707029-XL.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Ozone

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Ozone wrote:
    I'm thinking of entering this shot in SF4, but would like C&C on it, if possible. Is it mysterious, enigmatic, or does it just simply go in another direction? Would it help to crop differently?

Thanks in advance.

Honest opinion? It's ok. It's got no pop. It's certainly a concept that can be explored further but as it stands right now, I think you've got more work to do. Don't let this discourage you though, keep shooting and you'll get something great.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • HaryHary Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Sorry but this doesn't work for me. No pop not even interesting. I'd rather be harsh and maybe help you in not submitting this one :) Do "something new" light from candle ok .... but I think you need more something from the top of my head - make it reflect from something somewhere....
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    The bright light hitting the candle is very distracting to me. Not only that, but it makes the strong red/yellow tone to her skin seem weird. The lighting definitely doesn't say 'lit by candle' to me, because of the bright light and lack of glow from the candle. My final thought, for what it's worth, is that the photo could be sharper.

Sorry! There are so many really great entries, I think you can do better, and will need to do better in order to catch attention.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    Thank all of you for the comments. I will head back to the drawing board.
    Ozone