Added cname record and broke Google Maps

MBStephensMBStephens Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Question about Google maps api. Got API key for mydomain.smugmug.com and maps worked fine. Could added and remove photos and "Around the World" map showed up on home page. THEN went to joker and created cname alias record to www.mydomain.com and pointed to www.smugmug.com. When I open www.mydomain.com I get a message that the Google Map API was registered to a different website.... I assume it is mydomian.smugmug.com. I went and created a new API key for www.mydomain.com and logged in to enter. Then I realized that when I log in the domain changes from www.mydomian.com to mydomain.smugmug.com. So as I add the new key it still doesn't allow the map to show at www.mydomain.com. Any help would be appreciated. Obviously doing something wrong. Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Hi please write our help desk and let our Support Heroes help you, thanks!
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2008
    Maybe it's not you.

Maps seem to be broken. Can anyone verify what I'm seeing in multiple browsers? If you go to maps.smugmug.com:

"Rated in Silicon Valley" - works, but thumbnails are thin vertical lines. Reports 96 photos.

"Two Wheels to Terror" - No markers, "loading photos" progress spinner never stops, thumbnail sidebar blank

"dgrin's world tour" - No markers, no thumbnails. Reports 0 photos.

"eye on NYC" - No markers, "loading photos" progress spinner never stops, thumbnail sidebar blank

ne_nau.gif
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2008
    colourbox wrote:
    Maybe it's not you.

Maps seem to be broken. Can anyone verify what I'm seeing in multiple browsers? If you go to maps.smugmug.com:

"Rated in Silicon Valley" - works, but thumbnails are thin vertical lines. Reports 96 photos.

"Two Wheels to Terror" - No markers, "loading photos" progress spinner never stops, thumbnail sidebar blank

"dgrin's world tour" - No markers, no thumbnails. Reports 0 photos.

"eye on NYC" - No markers, "loading photos" progress spinner never stops, thumbnail sidebar blank

ne_nau.gif
    Hit the "map this" on my homepage and no thumbs load.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog